Review Highlights
It's like Oregon minus the sea stacks, and far closer

My wife and I love the Pacific NW, any excuse to visit family in Seattle and visit Seaside OR... read more

Reviewed yesterday
goose3nbc
Janesville, Wisconsin
Beautiful!

Beautiful beach with lots of great stones and awesome views! Great place to see a sunset! Lots of... read more

Reviewed October 3, 2018
Susie S
via mobile

All reviews oval beach north trail state park great hiking long hike beautiful hike mile hike honor system secluded beach half mile bring water bug spray nice walk forest envelope outhouse sand
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My daughter insisted we go to the State park, I argued with her, but I must say, it was one of the most beautiful views I have ever seen in my life!! Lake Michigan was breathtaking!!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

To get to the shore, you walk on a path through the woods for a ways and then arrive at the beach! It actually reminded me a lot of the beach in Olympic National Park in Washington. We didn't spend the day there or go in the water, but it looked inviting (although chilly). I would have liked to have more time to explore the area.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

we got here after spending half a day in downtown Saugatuck.which is a beautiful little town to visit with lovely botiques,cafes and restaurants.The beach itself is quite and beautiful. but it is quite a hike from the parking lot (about 1.5 miles) of hilly terrain and there are no restrooms/ changing rooms once you get there so make sure you have everything you need before you set off because it is a long walk back to the parking lot.we were there in the first week of july and the water was very cold so could not really swim.there is also a 6-8$ entry fee to enter the park.

1  Thank Cincygirl81
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The beach itself is great, actually prefer it over Oval Beach as it's a little quieter, but you have to be prepared to schlep your stuff in a ways as you have to take a wooded trail to get there. Once there though it's a very nice beach.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

It threw me that the address listed is Ottawa beach Drive which is to Holland State park, not Saugatuck State park... I think something got mixed up somewhere... Anyway, I've gone to Saugatuck State park only twice and hiked the half mile through hills and woods to the beach! You find the beach not over crowded because not too many people want to hike that far to the beach! But just like another review mentioned, this is a basic, primitive beach, no concession stands, no bathrooms... But in my humble opinion well worth the hike!