“They where AWESOME!”

WoodSpring Suites Grand Rapids Holland
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Holland
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Came into town for work, needed a place that I could cook my own meals and have a clean, quiet place to stay. Nothing fancy but was just what I needed and the new flat screens where great. The only down fall for me was that they do not have wifi but rather a hard line internet service. The staff was great and the house keeper did a great job at cleaning my room well I was at work.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Buckfinisher_53
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Grand Rapids Holland, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

Thank you for letting us know how we are doing. We always appreciate hearing from our guests. We hope that you will think of Value Place the next time you are in Holland.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

The value place is horrible. The rooms don't get cleaned thoroughly, they are rude and prejudice. My tires were slit right in the parking lot, security saw it happening and said nothing.I would recommend going to the rescue mission rather than Value Place. I even had personal items missing from my room and the staff neglected to look into it.

• Stayed: September 2013

I apologize your stay with us did not meet your expectations. I've emailed you separately to get some additional details and come to some type of resolution. Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

I was just there for a clean and simple place to lay my head at night after a long day at work. Did not need a pool or breakfast and be charged for it so this was perfect for me. I was not on vacation. The front desk people were there for me when I needed something and the after hours guy, Ron was on his job taking care of things after hours. I did have problem with the room next door, called him and it was taken care of! Thank you all!!

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I needed a place to stay until my home was ready to move in and this was a great choice! I spoke with Lynn many times she was always great! When I checked in Her and Felicia made all my special requests happen! As soon as I walked in it smelled clean! The room also was very clean! I couldn't ask for more in a place for a home away from home! I have no problems letting people know the value and staff are great and they should stay here!!
Angie

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Angie379
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Grand Rapids Holland, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Thank you for your feedback! We always love hearing from our guests! We strive to provide every guest a great experience and it is great news that our team in Holland did just that for you. We hope that you will consider Value Place the next time you find yourself in need of a place to stay.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I will strongly recommend you against staying in this place, they have weird people staying in their hotel and there are police making rounds of the hotel searching of culprits. They say they are a value hotel however they charge for all the minor amenties that are actually necessities, they charge you separately for internet, for cleaning (I stayed for 4 weeks they dint come to clean my room even once & when I asked for cleaning they said you will have to pay extra for that), the TV had broken buttons and wpould give out current, the room walls give away noises from other rooms and you can barely sleep & then comes the best part they deduct your 100$ deposit for using the trash bins in their rooms. So incase you land up in this weird place please do not use the trash bins provided as it will cost you 100$ for using them.
They have deducted my deposit for leaving trash in the trash bin when I left the room. When I called for my deposit the lady at the reception rudely disconnects your call refusing any refund. Please beware of this place, I would strongly recommend you to stay in other places this place is not at all worth the money they charge.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank K J
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Grand Rapids Holland, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Thank you for leaving feedback. We always appreciate hearing what our guests have to say. I apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. I hope that you will consider giving Value Place another chance if you find yourself needing a place to stay again.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

A one review noted it is not a full full service hotel, and you know that going in and for the price you get a lot more than I thought, a good nights sleep every night, safe, secure and clean, just set up the room they way you want it you dodn't need to bring much and everything is safe and you can relax. Lynn was a life saver somehow managed to get me a room that was super acomadating considering I am diabled and a ground floor with the exit right outside the door excellent Lynn and the staff were always helpful and help everyway they could to accommodate a request or a question. I would recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Daniel P
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Grand Rapids Holland, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and our friendly staff! We pride ourselves on being the best option for our guests. We hope that you will think of Value Place for your future lodging needs.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

they had my security deposit. I cleaned and cleared my hotel room and Lynn the manager said they were NOT sending my security deposit because I didn't say I was going a day before. I argued for the hotel's office hours (it's not 24 hours like hotels) and its rules are not fair to its customers. A hotel doesn't even charge you a security deposit. I think it's a rip-off.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank detroitman42541
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Grand Rapids Holland, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

I apologize that you don't feel that our policy is fair. Since we are a weekly hotel we do require a $100 deposit, similar to an apartment, but much less. We require a 24 notice on check outs because we are often very close to full and knowing when our guests are checking out helps us provide better service to our current and future guests. I hope that you will consider using again the future.