“The outdoor space werks!”
Review of Boatwerks

Boatwerks
Ranked #6 of 239 Restaurants in Holland
Good for: Romantic
Description: Boatwerks Waterfront Restaurant is Holland's only waterfront restaurant! The indoor dining room and Runabout Lounge feature picturesque views of Lake Macatawa on three sides, or enjoy outdoor dining and unbeatable views from the outdoor patio and bar during warmer months. The New American Menu features fresh seafood and premium meats, with a focus on fresh preparations and quality produce. The building's design features exposed beams and brick, harkening back to the historic boat-building factories that lined the shore of Lake Macatawa in earlier days. The restaurant walls are lined with historic photos of Lakes Michigan and Macatawa and historic Holland, Michigan. The Boatwerks Event Center features the beautiful, 3,300-square-foot Black River Ballroom and an outdoor courtyard, suitable for weddings and family or corporate events of up to 300 people. Make your dining plans for Boatwerks Restaurant in Holland, Michigan today!
Reviewed August 19, 2014

We eat at Boatwerks regularly, but it is especially appealing in the summer, when outdoor tables allow for a pleasing view of Lake Macatawa. The food is just fine and has even improved in diversity over the past couple of years, and the service is good with reasonable prices, but the real reason to come is the views of the water. I agree with the critique of the perch sandwich -- not enough fish -- and the coleslaw is too sweet, lacking the nice tang one expects. So have something else ( the salads are gigantic and there are other good sandwiches). A great starter is the grilled octopus. Even people who have trepidation about sea creatures with suction cups will love the texture and flavor.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

We didn't eat here, but had cocktaisl sitting at the lounge outside. It was perfect looking out at the water. The place was so busy, but our bartender was spot on. If we closed our eyes, it was almost like being at Longboards on Oahu!

Reviewed August 18, 2014

The food was quite tasty here and the view of the water is fabulous. They have outdoor seating. The only issue I would have is that the perch sandwich came with just three tiny filets on it and it was a bit pricey. Otherwise, all was good. Great service, also.

Reviewed August 14, 2014

Best tacos I've ever had. The shrimp is fried, so it's nice a crispy and gives the taco great flavor and texture. We split a plate, for an extra $2, and each received two tacos with chips on the side. After our appetizer, it was more than we could eat, and were happy to have left overs.
The only downside was that the service was slow. But sitting outside under an umbrella on a beautiful day made us content to wait. We will try it again.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

A friend and I visited on a Saturday night. We ate indoors near the windows so we could see out over the view--gorgeous. There was a band playing out there. My friend couldn't even hear them, which is saying something. The place was quiet and very busy. She had the turkey wrap and it looked AMAZING. I enjoyed a rib eye and enjoyed is an under statement. Delicious! The asparagus was also very tender and flavorful.

We had a lot to talk about so we were there for quite a long time. They never once made us feel like we were hogging a table or tried to urge us out the door. In fact, they didn't even offer us our check until we were about ready to ask for it, so they're on the ball. I just hope the crazy huge tip I left made up for the loss of revenue. If I'm ever in Michigan again, I'll be back, and I will eat here again--in a more normal amount of time. Thanks Boatwerks for being awesome and allowing us a peaceful time of food and fun. We really did appreciate it!