“Atmosphere, very pleasant atmosphere”
Review of Curragh Irish Pub

Curragh Irish Pub
Ranked #11 of 241 Restaurants in Holland
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Went to Curraghs on the recommendation of one of the members of our party who had been there before. We were seated quickly on a busy Saturday night and the waitress took our drink order almost immediately. She brought the drinks to us with little delay and we placed our order. I ordered the fish and chips and was not disappointed with the selection. The fish was battered just right and cooked to perfection. The cole slaw that accompanied the meal was a bit dry for my taste but, altogether, I was pleased.

The thing that stood out most for me was the general mood of the diners in our outdoor seating area. Everyone was smiling and laughing, enjoying the moment with family and friends, young and old alike. I have to believe the efficiency of the wait staff, the wonderful weather, the entertainment, the companionship and the food and drink came together in just the right proportion to put everyone at ease in that sliver of time. It was a very pleasant experience and I will be going back.

Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

We've Come To Holland For Years AndJust Recently Tried This restaurant. the Food Is Unique AndVery Good. The Service Was Fantastic. Very Popular Place And One Of The Few Open On Sunday Evenings. Highly Recommend This Restaurant.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We attended an anniversary reception/dinner at this Pub. The serving staff made getting the drinks and dinner orders for over 25 people seem effortless. The host had already preselected 6 items from their menu for us to choose from.
My husband and I had the fish and chips which was done perfectly with light crisp batter. My only negative was that the little bland. The selection included shepherd's pie, lamb stew and other traditional Irish menu items.They have a large selection of Guiness beers and some wines. Everything was served hot which is a trick in itself.
I was quite impressed. The overall atmosphere is comfortable with a variety of booths and tables in pub atmosphere. I was told that there is often entertainment which is quiet good.
Warning: if you have an walking problems and need to get to the bathroom, be warned it is down some long stairs. Be sure to get a member of the wait staff to show you how to use the elevator. It is very slow, but does work.
All parking is on the street or in lots not far from the pub. The pub is part of a very nice downtown area. Holland prides itself on the cleanliness of the city and it shows. There were flower boxes all along the street.
I would not recommend considering this place around tulip parade time just because it is bound to be very, very busy (unless you like to wait of course.)

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We visited for lunch with our entire family on a recent Saturday and had a great experience. We had a variety of food from burgers to salads to seafood. Everything was authentic, especially the Guinness cheese soup - killer. And then we discovered the Kilkenney on tap and we were sold. Will return whenever we are in Holland

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I took some clients here last week for a business lunch. The location in downtown Holland, MI is great as is the outdoor patio. It was a beautiful day and we were able to snag a table outside right away.

Once seated our orders were taken quickly but it took about 45 minutes before we were served. It appeared from looking around that we weren't the only table having a long wait time. The servers did continually keep our drinks filled while we waited. When the food came everyone seemed pleased with their selections. I had the cheese soup and it was very tasty.

One member of our group received the wrong order. Apparently there had been a mixup in the kitchen so she ended up having to wait even longer for her lunch. Our waiter was very apologetic and ended up having our meals comped.

Despite the wait and mixup I would try this place again. Everyone has an off day. The food was good and I would plan to return when I have plenty of time to wait.