“Pleasantly surprised at the quality and quantity.”
Review of Captain Sundae

Captain Sundae
Ranked #1 of 9 Dessert in Holland
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We had planned on having a late lunch at a restaurant we found on another trip to Holland and had really loved. Then we found out they don't serve lunch. As we were starving after a day of shopping and golfing in Saugatuck, we thought we'd give this place a try as it was the next closest place. Both of us got cheeseburgers and they were so good. They tasted like something you'd make at home, not at all like fast food and they were much larger than I expect from a fast food place. I didn't even touch our chips and cheese and had to take them back to the hotel. They were pretty much what you'd expect but again the size was quite large. I will gladly go back there next time I'm in Holland.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

The parking lot was packed, but we had our icecream in less than 3 minutes and there were plenty of places to choose to sit. There were a lot of choices, but explanations of a majority of the items so you knew what you were getting. The portions were perfect (a small filled me up) and they even offer extra smalls of many of the items as well which filled my 4 year old up as well! The price was the best part--getting delicious sundaes at the right size and the right price made us determined to visit again and again next time we visit Holland!

Reviewed June 20, 2012 via mobile

The long lines move pretty quickly and the variety of treat combos for ice cream goodies is awesome. Try the Chicago hot dog if you want something more substantial. My personal favorite is the Beach Bum.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

We visit everytime we're in the area. Tommy and tammy turtle sundaes are the best. These sundaes are large i can hardly the medium. We like the original one on douglas the best.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

This is a convenient little Ice cream shop in the Holland Michigan area. I am spoiled by real custard in Wisconsin, but for a quick ice cream fix, Captain Sundae will do.