“Good...but just like all the other soft serve places.”
Review of Captain Sundae

Captain Sundae
Ranked #1 of 8 Dessert in Holland
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Lansing, Michigan
“Good...but just like all the other soft serve places.”
Reviewed October 12, 2011

The ice cream was good and the service was good. They were busy but had the staff to handle it. But when all was finished, I found it no different than other soft serve places I've been to. I'm not giving a bad review at all and I would stop again if I was driving by; I just wouldn't make it a destination.

• Visited October 2011

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“The only place to go after a day at the beach!”
Reviewed September 20, 2011

We have been visiting Captain Sundae for as long as I can remember and there isn't one sundae that isn't as delicious as the other here! The Tommy Turtle is the most famous, but you will want to keep coming back until you've tried them all!

Traverse City, Michigan
“You haven't been to Holland unless...”
Reviewed September 19, 2011

OK, If you like ice cream and you love Holland, you MUST go to Captain Sundaes. The best Turtle in the world. And all the other ice cream creations are also the best.

Visited June 2011
Birmingham, Alabama
“Loved it so much I came two days in a row!”
Reviewed August 21, 2011

First, I should clarify. I rarely go out for ice cream, and when I do I NEVER go out for soft serve. So the fact that I visit Captain Sundae twice in two days and enjoyed two different soft serve sundaes is definitely saying something. They do also have non-soft serve options as well.

This restaurant is fantastic! They have two different locations in the Holland area and I visited both. The 40th street location has significantly more space and does have indoor seating, the Douglas location does not. It is so much fun to pick through the 30 plus options of sundae's and I was so happy that I could personalize mine even further after I ordered. Both were delicious.

I will visit Captain Sundae every time I return to Holland. Love it!

• Visited August 2011
Chicago
“Perfect place to go after visiting the beach!”
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Our family went to the beach to watch the sunset and naturally, that gave us an appetite! We stopped at Captain Sundae and everyone loved the unique sundaes they offer. It was fun to go to a local ice cream shoppe with such a big selection of flavors. The servings were large (I have 4 teens) and the ice cream was delicious. It was a delightful way to end the night.

• Visited August 2011