“Sunday Brunch ” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of 8th Street Grille

8th Street Grille
Ranked #14 of 229 Restaurants in Holland
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Soups
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
“Sunday Brunch ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

I took my 8 year old nephew to brunch because there was no wait. It wasn't our original destination but were not big on waiting. The menu was very very limited. The Brunch menu gives you 4 or 5 choices, and no mixing and matching is allowed. We both had Belgium waffles with sausage and a soda for about $12 each. The service was decent and so was the food. Nothing to write home about but would visit again.

Pontiac, Michigan
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

This place is adorable. I love downtown eateries like this. Our server was awesome (wish I could remember her name) the food was splendid. I got the wings and rings. if you are a huge ranch fanatic like I am then you will appreciate me telling you this place has the best ranch I've ever had anywhere, hands down. If you're going to Holland do yourself a favor and stop here.

Holland, Michigan, United States
“Great downtown eatery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Eighth Street Grille has a great menu.. I love their variety of burgers. They also have some really great salads. They have a soup bar as well and it has some great options. Their chicken corn chowder is really good.

Visited June 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Wonderful Surprise To Our Trip.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

We got a map from our hotel and looked for a restaurant for dinner. We settled on 8th Street Grille. We parked a few blocks away and walked down the street to absorb the local atmosphere. Inside were a few TVs and we could watch the game that was on. The beer listed was pretty extensive, but the thing that jumped out was the fact you could get Sprecher Root Beer. If you have never had Sprecher Root Beer I feel sorry for you. 8th Street offers growlers you can fill including the root beer. I ALMOST got one and would have been a hero to my friends had I done that.

Our meals were good and the timeliness was quite reasonable for being as packed as the place was. The decor is best described as historic local kitchy on the walls with plenty of glorious wood paneling. All in all if I'm back in Holland I'm heading back here for a meal.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank BrianD317
“Busy, loud and hair in food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

This place came recommended by our hotel staff so we thought we would try it. Stopped in on a Friday night around dinner time and wasn't surprised by the 30 minute wait (they will text u when your table is ready so you can shop near by, bonus!). We decided that since it was SO loud inside that we would sit outside. Ordered the smothered chicken minus tomatoes (which came on it anyway). It tasted pretty good, until 5 bites in when I noticed HAIR in my food! I'm positive it wasn't mine because it was under the food. Totally grossed me out. When I could finally get the attention of the server, I showed it to her. She hardly said anything about it, never offered to give me a new meal and never discounted my bill. We will never go back!