“average food, nice atmosphere”
Review of 8th Street Grille

8th Street Grille
Ranked #13 of 236 Restaurants in Holland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Very popular place - all employees were hustling/very busy yet pleasant and efficient.
We enjoyed the atmosphere and the beer! (Top-notch beer menu). We were disappointed in our sandwiches - we ordered two different ones to share. I ordered the perch sandwich...a little heavy on the breading since there was little "fish" to be seen or tasted. Husband ordered the Mediterranean Turkey Panini - this should have been hot with cheese melting but was served lukewarm with cheese a bit dried. The outside of the Panini was dried - usually olive oil or butter is put on the bread and then onto the Panini machine. We felt the sandwich was made hours ago and just microwaved for a few seconds. The flavors of the sandwich were good but overall a disapointment. Based on the good reviews, if we happen to be in the area again, we MIGHT try this place a second time in hopes of a better experience

There are newer reviews for 8th Street Grille

Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

The food is always fresh, plentiful, and priced for value. Nice crowd, a little loud and busy, but the sign of a popular place. We've been going to Holland for years, and this is our family's favorite!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I had the privilege of being in Holland on a Girlie Get Away. We chose this restaurant because TA gave and excellent review. We were able to sit at a nice table in the window. Our server was very efficient and pleasant. We all had a soup and sandwich special. I loved the lunch because the soups are house made (and not the usual fare) corn chowder; and the sandwich was a Mediterranean Panini. They were both excellent! I'm sure you will not be disappointed with a visit on this down town street restaurant. The building is quaint and historic.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We looked at the outside menu and decided to try this restaurant for dinner on July 4th weekend. Staff was very friendly. Service was fine. Not great but not bad either. The menu selections were very good. My family had some burgers and salads. All were very tasty. The Acapulco chicken salad I had was excellent and would order again. We'll be back in holland soon and will be back for more.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Went to 8th Street with Husband, Son, Mother and Father in Law. We had been there previously, about 2 summers ago, and really liked our food, this time, it was all bad! Husband had fish and chips, no real complaints there. Mother and Father in law had burgers, we would swear they use to come with fries and cole slaw, instead it came with what we swear were lays potato chips (not that there is anything wrong with Lay's but really?). I got a chicken and potato dumpling dish that was absolutely terrible. I sent it back. My father in law tasted it and he too thought it was not good. My son had a steak, we did order it medium well, it was cooked medium well, but it was very dry. He didn't care for it. So we all picked at it rather than send two things back. I doubt highly that the soup on the soup bar is home made. It was Campbell-esque. Waitress was very nice and felt bad about the food. We asked to see speak to the manager and although he give us a decent discount on the bill, he seemed to dismiss our concerns. There have definitely been some changes there since our last visit, and not for the better. Place use to be busy and it was not at all this visit and I can't help but think it is because of the lack luster food. Would not recommend or go back.