“Consistently good.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of 8th Street Grille

8th Street Grille
Ranked #14 of 229 Restaurants in Holland
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Soups
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Large groups
Michigan
“Consistently good.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2011

Have been here several times and enjoyed each visit. Soup bar is always good. Try the lake perch dinner. Very good. Decor is warm and interesting and servers attentive and friendly.

Visited November 2011

Lombard, Illinois
“Small but Nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2011

Great place! Service was wonderful! Food Good -- It has been a long time since I had fried Ravioli! yummo

Visited October 2011
Woodhaven, Michigan
“great soup”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

Excellent soup bar--chicken and corn chowder is delicious. Many menu selections also.

Visited November 2011
michigan
“I like this place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

I took my daughter (23) to downtown Holland recently to do a bit of pre-Thanksgiving shopping. She graduated from Hope College a few years ago and whenever I'd visit we'd have lunch at 8th Street. We arrived right around 12:30 and it was busy! We did not have to wait long for a table and our server was taking our drink order promptly.

The menu is pretty expansive and they feature a soup bar which always has three varietys of soup to choose from. My daughter had a salad which she enjoyed and I had the 1/2 sandwich with the soup bar. The vegetable soup was delicious and my tuna sandwich was solid. Service after our initial order was poor and I actually had to ask twice for the bill.

The place does not look a bar but they do have an excellent variety of draft beers; had it been later in the day I'd have enjoyed sampling some. Over the years that I have visited it's always been above average and I would easily recommend this restaurant to anyone.

• Visited November 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Zeeland
“Great soups and sandwiches.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2011

Good for lunch or light evening fare. Pick an odd time as it's often full.

Visited May 2011