“Excellent Fare” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of New Holland Brewing Company

New Holland Brewing Company
Ranked #8 of 229 Restaurants in Holland
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Urbana, Illinois
“Excellent Fare”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

Most people will like the beer selection etc. but we sat out back on the patio and had a superb meal - this is the sort of place that I think you could order completely at random and never get anything bad. The Cellerman's Platter appetizer is amazing.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Grand Haven, Michigan
“Good Food, Fun Atmosphere, Okay Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

I really enjoyed my food at New Holland Brewing Company. It was one of the best black bean burgers I've ever had. The atmosphere is fun. There are two levels on which to be seated. We sat on the upper floor which was a nice change.

However, I ordered a coffee and received a sugar bowl filled with mostly empty packets. Apparently previous diners put their garbage back into the sugar bowl and no staff member thought to check and fish them out. The waitress didn't return to our table in a timely manner to check for refills or ask how everything was and I know my table mates were upset by that. But she was friendly and that can go a long way!

I would return.

Pekin, IL
“Loved trying a few brews.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

We were on vacation, trying to pass the time on a rainy morning, and headed to Holland. It was time to find a place for lunch, and we saw this restaurant. Wow - are we glad we stumbled upon this place! Of course, we'd tried the New Holland beers before, but didn't realize that their brew pub and restaurant existed in the very quaint and clean downtown Holland. The pick 6 beer sampler was quite fun and we enjoyed the selections - all but the very strong Dragon's Milk Stout. Loved the Beerhive Triple with Michigan honey and ginger, the Poet Oatmeal Stout and their IPA's. Our food was good, too. We had a burger, nachos, and chicken tenders. We loved the lively, fun atmosphere and the building itself. We'll certainly return when we get up this way again.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Misleading at best”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

Went to nhb on birthday always tried the bar never sat down, on Thursdays there are street performers we took our 7lb Pomeranian with us, due the amount of people downtown there was no surprise that we had to wait awhile, when I went up to the the hostess to take down my name I CLEARLY mentioned that we had a dog and if it would be ok if he was with us.

The hostess reassured us that it was ok as long as we were seated in the front deck,45 minutes pass and we are finally seated the waiter was great tool down our drink order,promptly took our food order and disappeared. The manager came out 18minutes later ,and informed us that due to "health violations" our canine child would have to be removed.

Now I understand where they are coming from but I feel mislead that they told us one thing and made us leave due to him being with us.

I don't think il be back anytime soon, drinks nor food as there are other bars in the vicinity

• 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Atmachine22
Bourbonnais, Illinois
“Very good family friendly brewpub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

We had a great meal with adults and children. Large outdoor dining option was a great way to dine at sunset. The artichoke dip was very tasty. The cribs were tender, but portion could be larger. Mac and cheese with pork was yummy. Everyone in the group enjoyed all the beer varieties. I would definitely return!