“Very good brew and staff”

New Holland Brewing Company
Ranked #8 of 234 Restaurants in Holland
Cuisines: Pizza, Brew Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Very good brew and staff”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

While traveling in Michigan we stopped at the New Holland Brewing Company for a late lunch. It is located in a really nice downtown setting and was convenient to get to and easy to find parking on this day.

We tried a variety of their home brewed beers and found that the Mad Hatter India Pale ale to be my favorite. Others with us settled on the Poet. Both were excellent.

For food we shared the Cellermans Platter which was really good and had a variety of cheeses, meats, crackers, bread and marinated olives. Try this, it's really a treat.

We also had the Gorgonzola sweet salad, Brew house salad and the Fairbanks Chicken. All were excellent.

The service was very good and the staff in the sovienier area was friendly and helpful and helped us find the size shirts we could not locate.

They do have outside seating and this is a really nice area for this but on this day it was pretty hot and we wanted to sit inside.

If we ever find ourselves in New Holland again this will be a repeat visit restaurant for sure.

Owensboro, Kentucky
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I had the curry tuna. It is the best meal I've ever had.

The beer was delicious.

My waitress was also very good, but my hostess was very inattentive. After the lady at the desk asked her to seat me at Table X, she continued to talk to another worker for 2-3 minutes then walked back into the restaurant without telling me to follow her. She also wandered for a bit, not sure where to seat me and ended up letting me choose anywhere in the restaurant. She also stopped to talk to another waitress before we got to my table. I'm not sure if there was an issue, but it should not have taken so long.

However, the food and beer and waitress more than made up for my weird experience with the hostess.

indiana
“Average food, slow service.”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We ate dinner here and the food was average. The service was very slow. There are a lot of staff members, so I am not sure what they do, perhaps they could help move things along a bit. There is outdoor seating, but there was a long wait for it (it's not a very large area, so you have to wait for it). It's in the heart of town and that is good/handy.

Sanford, Michigan
“Service is great, egg salad sandwich...eh”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I really like how the place is set up! And I had no problem with service when I was there. We had 10 in our party and I thought our server did really well. She was polite, she was educated about the different beers, and suggested plenty of different apps for us to try. We had the pepperoni pinwheels, beer cheese, meat and cheese sampler platter, and spinach and artichoke dip! All of them were delicious! Especially the pinwheels! They are to die for! When came for us to order our entrees, I decided on the hen-house salad sandwich which was and egg salad with tarragon on cracked wheat bread. Well the bread was dry and the tarragon completely overpowered my whole sandwich. I don't know if I am just not too fond of tarragon or they just used too much, but if you're not a fan of it, I wouldn't get this sandwich. Overall, I enjoyed my visit and look forward to bringing my boyfriend there some day who loves New Holland Poet!

Madison, Wisconsin
“Vibrant scene”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Stopped for drinks and dinner on an early Saturday evening. By 5pm, there was already a short wait for tables. The place stayed busy all night, with the crowd getting younger as the hour grew later. Great (big) local brew selection. Food was delicious. I recommend the cellarman's platter with bacon marmalade (yes, I said bacon marmalade) to share with friends and a cold brew in your favorite style!

Visited May 2013