“Better than an average pub” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of New Holland Brewing Company

New Holland Brewing Company
Ranked #7 of 229 Restaurants in Holland
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Indiana
“Better than an average pub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

Beer sampler was good.....Dragon's Milk is wicked stuff. It's only the original beer offerings that bumped this to a 4 star. Otherwise the food is average pub grub and I would have rated it a 3.
Tree hugger veggie sandwich was approved by hubby. My salad was good, and with their blue cheese made (somehow) with one of their brews, it made for interesting eating. Chili was barely warm, but a nice kick and tasty, especially with the bacon, sour cream and chives.
Service was spotty at first and we waited a LONG time to get our drinks and for the actual waitress to get there. The first gal was just getting us set up with drinks. That easily took 15 minutes.
Downtown Holland is lovely and has a wide variety of eating and shopping establishments to choose from.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Coloma, Michigan, United States
“Pleasantly Surprised”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

Thought we would try a different restaurant in Holland for our day trip and the websites' menu looked good. My wife and I ordered the Cellerman's platter for an appetizer and thought it sounded good we opted for the 1/2 portion. It was so big we thought they brought the full portion. Loaded with cheeses, meats, olives, bread, marinated sun-dried tomatoes and peppers and crackers, we ended up taking home what you would consider a full appetizer portion elsewhere. We had both ordered sandwiches as well, I had the Rueben and I am quite picky, I like lots of meat on a Rueben and it was quite a large sandwich and I also opted for the potato salad over chips/fries and the potato salad was great, it was fresh, had bits of dill and egg in it, very nice. Usually I shy away from coleslaw and potato salad at restaurants because I find them usually old and tasteless but this potato salad was great. The waitress said they get it locally as many of their menu items gave local provenance. My wife had a portobello sandwich which was also nice. I am also not a fan of most micro-brews but I ordered a sampler of 6 beers I picked off of their menu and all but 1 was very drinkable. We will be going back when we are back in town.

• Visited December 2012
Detroit, Michigan
“avarage”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Normal pub - grill bar food. There wasn't a special thing. Potions weren't too big but they were all pricy.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank dolphinmaniac
Indianapolis, IN
“Better than a brewery”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

My husband and I had lunch here. It was very busy, but we had incredible service. Together we enjoyed soup and a salad, and my husband had a wrap. The food was all very good. But the highlight of the meal was our appetizer, the cellarmans half order! It was an antipasto plate marinated with sundried tomatoes, olives, beer cheese, prosciutto, etc. Absolutely outstanding!!

• Visited November 2012
West Olive, Michigan
“Excellent brews a good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

Several different micro brews plus their own hard cider, vodka and other hard spirits. Food has definitely improved over time. Located in an old main street building which served many years as a hardware store. Original wood floors and tin ceiling give it great ambiance and character. Good bands.

Visited October 2012