“Nice decor, varied menu and poor service”

New Holland Brewing Company
Ranked #6 of 234 Restaurants in Holland
Cuisines: Pizza, Brew Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Michigan
“Nice decor, varied menu and poor service”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

The restaurant is decorated as an upscale brewery. The seats and table are wood so it is not as comfortable as it could be. I ordered the "tree hugger" sandwich and my friend ordered the chicken pesto sandwich. The bread was extremely dry and hard. The house chips were too brown and flavorless. After our server, Maxwell, brought the food - he never returned to ask how our food was. He never refilled our water. The restaurant was less than half full so we did not understand why he never came back. He was serving a table of three ladies next to us and they had a lot of attention. In order to get our bill - we had to ask another server. Maxwell returned with the bill - took our plates (full of the dry bread and all of the chips) and walked away. Too bad because I would have given the restaurant another chance if Maxwell would have checked on us and tried to make things right.

• Visited November 2012
newbrew, Public Relations Manager at New Holland Brewing Company, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you very much for your candid feedback. I've passed on your feedback to our Pub management team to review, so we can improve.

Many apologies for your less than stellar experience and hope that if you're back in the area we can get a chance to change your mind.

Very best regards,
Emily Haines, Community Manager

Orchard Park, New York
“Great location, decent food”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The reuben was too dry, good meat, just very little dressing and sauerkraut. BBQ pork was a bit dry as well, no extra sauce on side or anything. Waited a bit for a table even though it seemed there were some tables open. Service seemed good. Great band played the night we were there, and were on the bar side of the restaurant, but you could hear them enough on the other side to enjoy it and still converse while eating. Hope to be back to sample their beer choices.

Visited November 2012
newbrew, Public Relations Manager at New Holland Brewing Company, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thanks so much for your feedback! We'll be sure to share this with the Pub staff, so we can continue to improve.

We do hope you'll stop back in for a full beer sampling. Some great fall and winter brews are coming up, including our popular Pilgrim's Dole!

Cheers!
Detroit, Michigan
“Great place for excellent beer and food”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was one of seven craft beer places we visited this weekend. Overall it was in my top two.. their beer is phenomenal and the food was good too. They have more malty beers than the average place which I prefer to the over-hopped beer elsewhere. We visited on Halloween and it was a little crowded but big enough for us to get a spot without too much wait.

• Visited October 2012
Hi! Thanks so much for your feedback on TripAdvisor! We appreciate everyone's comments, as we're always looking to improve our customers' experiences.

Halloween was super busy, but we're so glad you got a seat and enjoyed yourselves.

Thanks for stopping in!

“Good beer, good food!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My fiance and I made this our last stop while up in Western Mich. I'm very familiar with New Holland Brewing Co, but had never eaten at the restaurant. I was very pleased. Our pizza was wonderful and the appetizers were huge! Great deal, great flavors, great service and GREAT beer!

• Visited September 2012
Hi there! Just wanted to thank you for the kind words and so glad to hear you had a great experience at the Pub.

I just tried a bunch of our pizzas recently and now I'm totally addicted to the Bacon & Potato Pizza. Oy!

Anyway - hope we'll see you again some time on a tour of Michigan. Happy beer tours to you!

Shelby
“Disappointed on Labor Day”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

My wife and I were looking forward to going there for a quick beer and dinner. It was Labor Day and our anniversary. They said they were closing early, at 6pm, we arrived at 5:25 and were turned away. I work in the restaurant industry and I thought this was bad customer service. It was sad because I have enjoyed their beers and this was going to be our first time there at the restaurant. We will visit again and hopefully won't be turned away . . .

Visited September 2012
Hi there! Just catching up on reviews and was sorry to hear you had a bad experience on Labor Day. (Even sorrier it's taken me so long to shoot you a note!)

I've shared your experience with our Pub manager and am confident that the feedback will help us serve you and others better.

Again, our apologies and I hope we'll have a chance in the future to provide a great experience.