“Good Vegetarian Options” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of New Holland Brewing Company

New Holland Brewing Company
Ranked #7 of 229 Restaurants in Holland
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Saint Clair, Michigan
“Good Vegetarian Options”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

I really enjoyed the veggie sandwich with hummus and home made potato chips. Loud & fun atmosphere made it an enjoyable dining experience.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Allegan, Michigan
“micro-brewery delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

New Holland should be on your list of great midwestern micro-breweries. A reasonably-priced menu, with enough variety to please everyone at your table. Bring home a six-pack or a growler of their beers. This place is one of my family's favorites.

Visited April 2012
Osceola, Indiana
“Needs to be on your bucket list.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

Having taken the tour of the brewery we thought we surely needed to try the pub - I'm glad we did. What great fun to see all the beers available. I was very interested in trying the Doug E. Fresh so that's what I got. It was good but I wished I had ordered a flight to enjoy a variety - next time! Our lunch food was good - my burger was a little too well done but still tasty. Reasonably priced. The atmosphere was fun, although a little cramped, and service was prompt, friendly. It would be nice if squirming and screaming kids could be kept in a family area, but such is life. I'm glad we can say we enjoyed this experience and have no qualms recommending it.

Visited April 2012
Jenison, Michigan
“Food is falling off the quality chart”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

The beer is very good and the Zeppelin Blend Whiskey is awesome; however, I've noticed over my last few visits there that the food is starting to lack in quality. Their poet chili is great but the last few times it comes out luke-warm. The pizzas often come out dry with few ingredients and the overall selection of items on the menu sucks. For such great beer they need a revamp of their menu and need to turn around their dutch ways and stop skimping.

Visited March 2012
York, United Kingdom
“Great beer, great food, great atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2012

We went to New Holland on a happy occasion--our team had just won its first game in the Division III Women's basketball tournament. We were hungry, thirsty, and wanted to celebrate; New Holland did not disappoint.

There are several rooms, and there was live music going on in the bar. It was an acoustic, very blues-sounding solo player, so the music wasn't overwhelming. We sat in the balcony overlooking the floor. Our group sampled several different beers; I started with the Bitter Ending, which was so good I had a second pint. It's the most English-tasting pint I've had in the States (high praise from me!). There are other, more traditionally American beers, as well as some heavier stouts. There should be something for any beer lover.

I had the reuben with fries, while others in our group had burgers and salads. Everything got high ratings from all. The server was friendly, attentive, and remembered details. We brought home a six-pack of Sundog (it would have been Bitter Ending if they had it in bottles). This place is worth going to Holland for, although there is much more there as well!

• Visited March 2012