“Very comfortable stay with a great restaurant to match.” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
CityFlatsHotel - Holland
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Holland
Chicago, Illinois
“Very comfortable stay with a great restaurant to match.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2009

Very simple, clean and comfortable place to stay. The first thing I noticed was there was no rugs. I was a little taken back but quickly got over it. The beds are very nice. In fact I would go and say it was one of the most comfortable beds I ever slept in. (comparably to Westin). The TV is direct TV and was kind of disappointed that I couldn't get a few channels but I didn't come to watch TV. The shower is a walk-in shower. This is the first time I ever had a shower like that it grew on me. Nice and big parking lot with plenty of space. Close to the main strip but far enough away not to get any noise associated with it. On the top floor is the restaurant City Vu. I enjoyed the food there from the breakfast to the dinner. I was glad that it was close and didn't need to go out to have good food. Staff was friendly and helpful. Oh yeah, internet included!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WabashClub

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2009

What a nice place! I encourage anyone interested in unique hotels to try CityFlats. It appears all of the rooms are different which is neat. The colors are modern and serene. The rooms have high ceilings and do not have carpet but still seemed quiet. The bed sheets are so soft and comfortable. The walk-in shower (no door) was great. I had a little trouble with the thermostat and one of the televisions (yes, two tvs - one for each bed) but the problems were solved quickly by the friendly front desk person. My only complaint was that the position of the beds didn't allow for a nightlight for reading or a bedside clock. Also, there was only a desk chair and not a comfy one for lounging. As I said though, all rooms are different so if these things are important you should ask. I liked that it was only a block from downtown shopping.

Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2009

Very modern decor and "green" furnished. Also within walking distance of all the shops and restaurants in Holland. Had a quiet night's sleep. May be a bit over priced for the area, but it's a place you need to try at least once.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2009

I was in Holland, Michigan on a business trip (visiting from California). The hotel was very boutique like and the room was amazing! The room was clean and modern and it had the most comfortable bed in the world! The towels were soft & thick, the service was pleasant! I would definately recommend. It is in a class by itself.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
grand rapids
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2009

My son (11) and I wanted a cool place to hang out for a night. We just wanted to get room service and watch a movie. While the room was clean and the decor cool (but still kind of reminded me of my old dorm room)--the hotel itself is rediculously overpriced for what you get. The room service menu consisted of about 7 items--none of which looked that appetizing to me and certainly contained nothing my son would eat. Even if we would have chosen to order from the over priced menu we would have had to pick it up from the front desk when it was ready?! Apparently, $200/night for a very small single room doesnt entitle you to actual "room service." When it was time for a movie our option was to watch something from the movie channel off of Direct TV.
Lastly, I was waken at about 2:00 am by other guests walking and talking in the hallway. Apparently "green" also means no sound proofing of the walls because I could hear every word they were saying.
We both decided it would have been more relaxing to have stayed at home, ordered take out and watch direct tv in bed. Now we (and you) know.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank momofkidsGrandRapids
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2009

We stayed 2 nights at the City Flats on June 5-6 and loved it. It was right downtown and within walking distance to everything. The rooms were so different and unique than anywhere we had ever stayed. The beds were so comfortable. The service was good and the breakfast at the City Vu resturant was excellent. We would definately stay again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
West Lafayette, IN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2009

My husband and I love contemporary design and clean lines (think IKEA), so CityFlats was the perfect hotel for us -- nothing like the other lacy B & Bs in the area. Their website gives you a great feel for the place. Each room is different, but every room is GREEN. The 100% bamboo sheets (and cotton bamboo blend towels) are fabulous. I even came home and ordered similar sheets on the internet. (Ask at the desk and they'll give you a price guide to buy any of their linens or bedding.) We were very comfortable and very happy with the service. The food in the upstairs dining room was only okay, but the view of the sunset was very nice. I'd definitely recommend this hotel highly, especially to any one who appreciates contemporary design. There are cool little perks too, like an iPod docking station alarm clock and special parking for hybrid cars. This is my kind of place.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple