“Worst Days Inn I've ever stayed at!!!”
Review of Days Inn Hillsdale

Days Inn Hillsdale
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Hillsdale
Reviewed June 20, 2012

First off rude people working the front counter. Rooms were dirty smelled bad had to go buy air freshners. Toilet leaked, tub did not drain. Hair in our Ice bucket. Breakfast what a joke waffles were frozen needed to use toaster mind you didn't work. Usually continental breakfasts have a waffle maker. Had 2 towels for our room of 4 people asked for more oh we have a shortage on towels. Leave come back key won't open door told oh that happens when it is hot outside. My advice stay as far away from this place as possible.. At least the Nascar race was worth the stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank peanut311
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Hillsdale

Reviewed May 3, 2012

Don't you just hate it when you register into a hotel and they give you the 5th degree about not smoking in the room? You have to initial and sign forms that says were were told of some $200 or $300 charge if you dare smoke in the room. You feel guilty and you don't even smoke! Then after all that you get the pass card and walk into a room that smells like some men's group had a 3 day smoker in the room. Gag! Such was my experience with this Days Inn. I went back to the desk and complained about the smell of stale cigarettes. I told them that I did not want to be charged after I checked out and besides that the smell is disgusting. The desk sent housekeeping to spray some stuff. It was better, but still not what I hoped. Otherwise the room was fine for this class of hotel.

Room Tip: I don't know if you can get an iron clad assurance that your room won't smell like smoke. Y...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel extensively over the last couple of months as I have been travelling on business.

The amenities are as to be expected in this type of hotel. There rooms are a little dated but are clean and functional.

What sets this place apart for me is the excellent staff. Al is an amazing professional and people-person who make you feel welcome and at home, with much the same from Sally, Aaron and Tiffany. Thanks for the hospitality.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 23, 2012

My wife and I spent the weekend for our anniversary. We periodically stay at this Motel just to "get away" even though we live 3 miles away. While we have done their "mini getaways" in King Jacuzzi with Pizza Combo, this time we stayed in the 2 room King Suite. We always have wonderful accomodations and the staff is superb. In our experience the facility is quiet, pool and hot tub are clean and as expected. We will be doing this again!!

Room Tip: For the $7 difference in price between a standard room and a King Suite, no brainer - suites are swe...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 14, 2011

Stayed in room 225 and slept really good. staff were friendly

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 15, 2011

Oh where do i start the first day there was blood on my sheets asked for new sheets and had to put them on myself. hotel lobby smells of mold. room dark drab depressing. they billed my card ahead would not let me modify change or cancel the reservation even when i called a week in advance to do so. had to lysol the whole place filthy. had to buy upholstry cleaner and clean the upholstry. reserved and paid till friday will have to leave early i just cant take the filth and that means i pay for a second hotel out of my own pocket as they already took my money weather i am here or not personally you should be paid to stay here not the other way around i cleaned so much bmy rags were black bwith dirt most filthy place i ever stayed in 11 years of auditing one word disenfranchise

Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank cynthia b
Reviewed September 16, 2011

We decided to stay at this Days Inn when visiting Hillsdale College. We simply wanted a place close to the school, and this was it! I think it took about 5 minutes or less to get to the campus. Although the front desk area was unimpressive in its decor, the staff was very friendly and received us with a warm welcome. Our room was extremely clean, and we had everything we needed--including a small refrigerator in the room. The breakfast was simple with not much variety, but it was perfect for a quick bite on a busy morning. All in all, we thoroughly enjoyed our visit to Hillsdale, and the college is wonderful!

Room Tip: Keep in mind there is not an elevator and ask for a first floor room if this is an issue for you.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank katherine w
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hillsdale
Americas Best Value Inn-Jonesville/Hillsdale
Red Roof Inn Coldwater
#3 of 6 in Coldwater
Quality Inn & Suites Coldwater
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Coldwater

Been to Days Inn Hillsdale? Share your experiences!