“we'll be back”
Review of Days Inn Hillsdale

Days Inn Hillsdale
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Hillsdale
Reviewed June 23, 2011

nice clean rooms. enjoyed our stay visited friends and family
Sally was excellent host

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 12, 2011

My family and I were visiting my parents in Hillsdale; so as usual we stayed at the Days Inn. This hotel has gradually went down every visit that we make. This trip the pool was extremely cold; the hot tub was not barley luke warm; and when my husband and another couple went to complain the lady behind the desk said "I can check the temperature; but I can not change it; only the manager can do that." She came and checked the temperature and claimed the pool was within 2 degrees and the hot tub was way off....her excuse was they were very busy that weekend and kids were in and out of the water which would cool down the hot tub. But I have stayed at several hotels with lots of kids and this has never been an issue before. She suggested we could call the manager on Monday...as she couldn't do anything to change it. We had prepaid our visit on my discover card; and when we checked in they asked for a card for incidentals....we gave them our debit card; in which they charged for the full amount....when we called back to say we had been double charged...the lady behind the desk once again said we would have to speak with a manager....so again we await a call back from this mysterious manager Sue; whom I wonder if they even work there. If we do not hear from them this week I will deny charges on both accounts and then this will guarantee me a call back. Hotel is ok; bathroom's could be cleaner....pool area needs work; work out room is great; and hotel staff is horrible! If you are thinking of staying in Hillsdale i would try going to OH and staying at the Holiday Inn Express or the Ramada...which is where we will be staying from now on.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank basic42391
Reviewed February 27, 2011

We were there for a night en route to Chicago from Detroit.We took a detour as the name Hillsdale caught our eye.

It was a nice place in a peaceful town .Good rooms and nice staff.Only no lifts for upper floors.

It gave a peaceful feeling staying as it was very quiet although it was near a highway.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 23, 2011

I like Days Inns in michigan they are usually as good as or better than Holiday Inn Express (my other Choice). This Days inn leaves a little to be desired. In the end we slept well and it served its purpose.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 1, 2010

I recently inquired about celebrating my son's 8th birthday at Days Inn of Hillsdale. I was informed that short of the 4 hour rental I was not allowed to bring my son and a couple of friends to the hotel.

I asked about 2 adjoining rooms, my husband and I in one 4 boys in the other. I was told that if I did that and they found out I would be asked to leave without refund.

I would like the thank Holiday Inn for the fantastic service, hosted pizza party and great suite! The boys had a blast.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Momoftwo315
Reviewed August 22, 2010

While picking up my daughter from college I stayed one night with her in the Days Inn. Overpriced and worn out and worst of all the bugs. We woke up very early to leave and my daughter say the bugs on me. Our first experience with bed bugs, she was hysterical. Thinking the management would be horrified I called the front desk immediately. They offered to only charge us half price for the room and when I said they'd charge us nothing, the clerk told me not to get snippy with her! NEVER stay here!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank KateFromKansas
Reviewed July 7, 2010

Location is the only nice thing I can say about this place.

The carpet in the hallway was old & dirty and it smelled the minute you walked in. We didn't even see an elevator and WE assisted in bringing the rollaway up the stairs. The room was also smelly..at least the air worked, though! The furniture was broken and dirty. The bathroom shower took 1/2 hour to drain. The latch on the outside door and room door stuck when you tried to open them.

The pool was a nice size, but the floor obviously hadn't been sanitized and cleaned in a long time, as there was scum along the drain. The same bandaids were on the floor the two days we used the pool. There were only 3 lights working in the pool area so it was very dark.

The continental breakfast was exactly as they advertised it, but there wasn't very much room to move and get your food. The one and only dining table was right next to it. They did open up the meeting room, however.

I've stayed in many Hotels, including a variety of Days Inn's and this one was by far the worst place for $89 a night. (That was with a discount, too!) Oh...and when we asked for a receipt we got a funny look and received a hand written one. So, make the drive to Coldwater

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank mmertle_2000
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hillsdale
Dow Hotel & Conference Center
2 mi away
No photo provided
Rose Corner Inn
#1 of 1 in Hillsdale

Been to Days Inn Hillsdale? Share your experiences!