“We love this place!”

El Cerrito Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 34 Restaurants in Hillsdale
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: This is a small mexican restaurant in Hillsdale, Michigan, but it has great food for great prices.
Reviewed February 3, 2013

My family could eat here several times a week. We frequent El Cerrito for their taco special on Tuesdays, but enjoy almost everything on the menu. Good chips, salsa that is just hot enough, and very good value for the family. Their white cheese sauce is amazing!! They now serve beer and various margaritas as well.
The atmosphere isn't the best in town, but El Cerrito has good food and good service at a family friendly price.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

We came to this restaurant on a Tuesday night. We were seated right away. I ordered a strawberry margarita and the fajita burrito. Both were very good. The rest of my party also liked what they ordered. There was free salsa and chips. It was good, but I like my salsa a little spicier/hotter. The decor wasn't the greatest, but our server was nice. I'd eat here again.

Reviewed February 23, 2012

Great food and great service. Very generous portions and as good Mexican food as I have ever had, at any price.

Reviewed November 15, 2011

no margaritas downside food excellent. nice location. friendly wait staff

Reviewed October 31, 2011

Hillsdale doesn't have many restaurants, and this one is one of the better restaurants in town, so we've been here multiple times. The service is good, but the thing that keeps us coming back is the food. When I say that I've never had a bad meal here, I mean it. The quality of the food is consistently very good. The free chips and salsa that come with any order are quite addictive, so you may want to watch yourself, or you won't want your meal! And then you'd be missing the best part. The meals are are all very tasty and, at least to my experience, authentic (though I haven't been to too many Mexican restaurants). Some of my personal favorites include the tamales, which are rich and delicious, and the fajitas, in which the meat and vegetables are delivered fresh and sizzling in their own skillet, with the tortillas and toppings on the side. Speaking of sides, the rice and beans which come with many of the meals are also very good. Prices are very reasonable, with most meals costing less than $10.00, and many are big enough for me to take home part of them for leftovers.

Overall, we have thoroughly enjoyed our many meals at El Cerritos, and will hopefully enjoy many more in the future!