“great food”

El Cerrito Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 32 Restaurants in Hillsdale
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: This is a small mexican restaurant in Hillsdale, Michigan, but it has great food for great prices.
Burton, Michigan
“great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

no margaritas downside food excellent. nice location. friendly wait staff

Visited November 2011

Hillsdale, Mi
“Never had a bad meal here!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

Hillsdale doesn't have many restaurants, and this one is one of the better restaurants in town, so we've been here multiple times. The service is good, but the thing that keeps us coming back is the food. When I say that I've never had a bad meal here, I mean it. The quality of the food is consistently very good. The free chips and salsa that come with any order are quite addictive, so you may want to watch yourself, or you won't want your meal! And then you'd be missing the best part. The meals are are all very tasty and, at least to my experience, authentic (though I haven't been to too many Mexican restaurants). Some of my personal favorites include the tamales, which are rich and delicious, and the fajitas, in which the meat and vegetables are delivered fresh and sizzling in their own skillet, with the tortillas and toppings on the side. Speaking of sides, the rice and beans which come with many of the meals are also very good. Prices are very reasonable, with most meals costing less than $10.00, and many are big enough for me to take home part of them for leftovers.

Overall, we have thoroughly enjoyed our many meals at El Cerritos, and will hopefully enjoy many more in the future!

• Visited September 2011
Hillsdale, Michigan
“Decent small-town mexican food. Nice staff. Good prices.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2011

About what you would expect for a small-town Mexican restaurant. I'd say on the up-side of average.

• Visited May 2011