Rooms do need to be updated, wake back in the 70's. Refrig. needed to be cleaned good or a new one. Mold around freezer and bottom doors and needed defrosting. Not enough dishes, 1 plate and 1 fork and knife but did have glasses and other. For a suite it should have been equiped and if anything missing, bill the party that stayed. Went to sit on porch, only 1 chair (dirty) and broke& there was more than pollen on it. We got another chair, but should be 2 any way and new ones replaced every year.Porch railing slats broke and the light along the walk way on tree was hanging in 2 pieces not as 1 light. Take bug repelent also. You do get small shot glasses for the wine tasting. The appetizer, soup and salad were good but the main meal no flavor. The resort is NOT by any water as some people thought was cause of the word, bay. And no pool, but had a hot tub. You'd expect better quality from an highly advertised place like Thunder Bay Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resting on over 400 acres of Northern Michigan's stunning landscape, Thunder Bay Resort is the perfect retreat for your weekend escape! Complete with a state-of-the-art, Full-Service RV park, Deluxe Lodging poised on our pristine 18-hole golf course and a 160 acre Elk preserve, Thunder Bay Resort is truly a destination for all seasons. Enjoy the outdoors? Then take advantage of the amenities hosted by Thunder Bay Resort including snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, biking, hiking, horseshoes, and the Resort's award-winning, signature Elk Viewing Carriage Ride, Gourmet Dinner & Wine Tasting Event! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Thunder Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thunder Bay Hotel Hillman
- Thunder Bay Resort Michigan/Hillman