“Salsa to die for!”

Good for: Families with children
Description: used to be in Caledonia MI
“Salsa to die for!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Chips and salsa appetizer is standard at any authentic Mexican restaurant, but the salsa at San Marcos is superb! Wow! Wish they sold it bottled! Our lunch was also very good - enchiladas, burritos, fajitas, etc for the four of us and no one had any complaints (and we lunched with a chronic food complainer). Service was excellent, restaurant was spotless. Absolutely will be back!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Andeli1

Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Worth a return visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

In preparation for visiting Hastings today, I first checked TripAdvisor to see where would be a good place for lunch. I selected San Marcos and I am glad I did.

San Marcos is located on the edge of town in a newer building. The inside is clean and nicely decorated. My waitress was very attentive. Complementary chips and salsa are included with your meal. According to the menu, a refill of salsa or chips is $1 each. I needed a refill on my salsa but they did not charge for it. I had a lunch combo #10 (enchilada and chalupas). They were each very good but not over the top fantastic. I really liked their salsa. It had just the right amount of cilantro in it. My meal was $5.99 and my soda was either $1.50 or $2 - I don't recall which. I did not have alcohol with my meal but I did walk past the bar on my way to the restroom and it appeared to be well stocked.

Would I eat at this restaurant again? I am rarely in Hastings but I will certainly try to fit in a visit to San Marcos the next time I am in town.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank pinnacle-project
“Excellent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

Me and my wife visit restaurant once Every 2 weeks and we live 30 miles away. Love the food we use to go to the beltline bar, but now we go here and eat Mexican food more frequent.

• Visited April 2013
“Could Eat Here Every Day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

We eat here quite often. Love the food and free chips & salsa! They have a good variety of Mexican food and it is served quickly and there is plenty of it. They have good lunch and dinner specials. The staff is very friendly.

• Visited March 2013
Middleville, Michigan
“Authentic Mexican fair”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

We've eaten here a number of times and always look forward to our next visit for great Mexican food. The service is usually very good although at times it would be beneficial if I spoke spanish

Visited September 2012