“Elegance in a small town......”
Review of AlFresco Suites

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hastings
AlFresco Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Hastings B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I was lucky enough to be able to book The Loft for my recent visit to the Hastings area. I was blown away with the comfort and style of the suite. From the almost two feet thick mattress to the unique accessories arranged throughout (and all available in the store downstairs!) this place is a winner! The Loft is very "urban chic." There are three other suites which consist of a "girly" suite called The Terrace, which has very feminine roses and pink/green motifs, then there is the Spa Suite which is small with a shower to die for.....and the final Suite is a one bedroom called The Manor which is very English Manor house in design. The uniqueness of each room means each stay could be different!

Hastings is better for having this choice, believe me! The only downside is the trek up the stairs (no elevator) but for this area of the world it is the ONLY choice in my book!

This extended stay set of suites sits atop a retail gift store by the same name.... I also shopped in the store for a wicked cool "hand" to hold my jewelry! I wish I could have boxed the whole store up and brought it back to Phoenix! Prices are very reasonable and the eclectic selection very well displayed! All around WIN! Thanks again for our awesome visit! (The mattress is amazing!)

Room Tip: The Loft was awesome! If you're looking for "urban chic" this is it!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank tallredhead3

Reviewed July 7, 2012

This was my second time staying at AlFresco. We stayed in the Spa Suite and were treated to a very relaxing stay. The steam shower was great and had a massage feature that felt great. The bed was very comfortable and amenities were very high quality including the Ghiradelli chocolate square that was waiting when we arrived. The TV was beautiful and had a large selection of channels. Everyone was very friendly and the store downstairs is definitely worth checking out. It is right downtown, within walking distance of bars, restaurants, and shops.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank LivingLife312
Reviewed October 28, 2011

I stayed here for two weeks on business. First week was in The Manor; Second in The Loft. As mentioned, The Manor is two big rooms: two tv's, queen bed in the master, fridge/ freezer, ironing board and iron, and the comfiest couch I ever laid upon. Furnishings are tasteful, stylish, and high-end. The photos on their website don't do it justice. There are lots of tables, chairs, etc. and plenty of room for your things- there's even a suit stand. The Loft is similar, except it is one big room. It doesn't seem small, but I was spoiled from staying in The Manor the first week. Also very well set-up and comfortable with a dining area, living room area, and bed area. The Loft is on the streetside, however, which means: 1) The streetlamps will seem REALLY bright [Pull the curtains]; and 2) You will hear a garbage truck at 4.30 or 5am three times a week- I got used to it by Friday. Seems the other complaints were about the spa suite. I didn't stay there.
There is free, fast, and reliable wifi, free parking only a block away, and the rooms are all keyless entry- It's very safe. Also, Alfresco is within walking distance of at least four really great, locally-owned restaurants; Alfresco even gives you a folder with menus in it. My only complaints would be that there is no tub, the free coffee didn't seem that great, and there were no free snacks. IMPORTANT: Not a good option for families due to all the breakable and expensive furnishings. Otherwise, I had a great stay. Also, you will be in charge of making your own bed and picking up your own towels, but there is a free washer and dryer, so you don't have to take home a suitcase full of dirty clothes!

Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank cbarnett808
Reviewed August 24, 2011

I have stayed in or seen the inside of 3 of the 4 suites. The Manor is the largest suite wich has a separate bedroom from living area and sleeps 4. The terrace and loft suites are each, one big room, like a studio. The terrace suite is a little more feminine.

There are soaring ceilings, ample floor space, dining area, kitchenettes and closets in each suite. I stayed, very comfortably one night and could easily manage a long term stay. But stay in the manor if street noise might bother you.

The location is excellent, w/in walking distance to main street. Service is good, it's not a hotel so there is not always someone available on site but they are very accommodating if you need something. One only needs to ask in advance.

When pressed, my only advise/criticism would be to have them turn on the air at least an hour before arrival. I stayed during the hottest part of summer and after lugging my belongings up to the second floor (not handicap accessible), I wasn't pleased to wait to cool off. My next stay, I called ahead, problem solved

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank Ray9367
Reviewed August 19, 2011

Pluses: Really outstanding interior design and materials used in the Suite. Good location within short walking distance of lots of restaurants, coffee and ice cream place, and movie theaters. Excellent amenities in the Suite (e.g., ground coffee, soap). Minuses: No furniture or space for unpacking clothes. No furniture or space for eating or working. No place to hang clothes except on wall hooks in the bathroom. Reading light only on one side of the bed. The main feature of the bathroom – a high-tech steam shower – had a broken door that didn't allow proper closure. The suite formerly was a spa area that was converted into rental space. Shoehorning the bed into this space doesn't leave room for things you'd expect, like a place to store clothes. It's passable for one night (like what we did), but a several day stay wouldn't be pleasant. I can't speak to the other Suites, but hopefully they're better equipped than the Spa Suite.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank TNTraveler06
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hastings
Holiday Inn Express
#1 of 1 in Plainwell
No photo provided
Parkview Motel
#4 of 5 in Hastings

Been to AlFresco Suites? Share your experiences!