Adrounie House Bed and Breakfast
Holiday Inn Express(Hastings)(Great Value!)
$102
Bay Pointe Inn & Restaurant(Shelbyville)(Great Value!)
$99
$89
Hotwire.com
$69
$107
$98
CrownePlaza.com
$144
Econo Lodge & Suites(Grand Rapids)(Great Value!)
$70
$134
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

This was my second stay at the Adrouni House and it felt like I was returning to visit old friends. Breakfast is served at your convenience and one morning when I was the only guest, Don kept me company with conversation over coffee. The two course breakfast always started with a lovely fruit salad. I stayed in the Shoshone Rose room both visits, a quiet room upstairs in the back of the house. The toilet and shower are crammed into what used to be a closet and the decor is a little cluttered for my taste; but overall this is the best place to stay in Hastings. Great location as you can walk to restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank sailgaiamar
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I can't imagine anyone more critical of a bed and breakfast than another b & b owner. As it happens I own an inn on the west side of the state. By chance my travels brought me to Hastings and the Adrounie House. Both the house and the innkeepers passed my test. The house is very clean, my room is lovely and quiet. April and Don are gracious hosts. They warmly shared the history of the house and their venture into inn-keeping. The love that went into the remodeling, purchasing and placement of each antique is obvious. I especially enjoyed April sharing stories of her mother whose art work is displayed throughout. The true test of a b and b is if a guest would come back and I can answer yes I would to that question.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Suzanneschloss
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Don and April have restored this gracious Victorian house to its former splendor. Pictures and artifacts from the original house are everywhere. We stayed in the Emily room on the first floor, just off the anteroom to the dining area. We imagined ourselves living in a turn-of-the-century home and the reverie was pleasant. Don't worry, the bathroom is modern and an A/C unit is installed in the window (not needed in March). Although small by some standards, the town of Hastings has its own charm and several good restaurants to boot. It is just the perfect size to walk around before & after dinner. The Adrounie House breakfast served fruit as its first course (always welcome to travelers). Next was a tasty kiche. Yum. We stayed 2 nights because we liked it. The town clock stops chiming after 10 pm and begins anew at 6 am - that we could deal with. Sure, we heard traffic outside (the house is curbside on broadway) but the noise all but disappeared after dark. If we are in the area, we will book again.

Room Tip: While we were content with a room on the first floor, next time we will try one on the second floor. We were shown the upstairs rooms when we arrived, but they were booked so we could not change.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank unclevad
Reviewed January 14, 2012

We wife & I wanted to get away for an night. So I spied this B&B online close to our home and
The casino. Wow we won on both ends. Stay with Don & April and you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Stay in the back. Also close to excellent rest.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bill M
Reviewed April 28, 2008

All in all a relaxing stay. The house is so clean and beautiful. My wife couldn't stop taking pictures. Some complaints were the noise from the street, a lot of semi truck noise and a bell chimed on the hour from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. so I hope you are not a light sleeper like me. The breakfast was a little sparse. Could of had some toast, and everything had cinnamon in it, ok if you are a big fan of cinnamon. We asked for coffee and April said it would be ready at 8. We really wanted it earlier but didn't want to argue. The conversation was just great, and the hosts make you feel very welcome. As you can see it is a mixed bag, but would recommend with some reservations.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple