We stayed at the Best Western of Hartland, MI 9/5-7/2008, and were disappointed in the facilities. I use a wheelchair or a scooter and have stayed in over a couple dozen “handicapped” rooms over the past decade. This motel was by far the least accessible. Specifically,
1) the bathroom was too narrow to turn a chair or scooter around, and required a sharp turn for entry and exit. Fortunately I had my manual wheelchair as the scooter could not have made the turn and the bathroom could not have been accessed. Rooms have been tight before for a scooter, but I had never encountered one that would have been inaccessible.
2) The shower was a tub. There was no way I could take a shower, as I couldn’t step over the rim
3) The sink bowl was too far back for wheelchair access
4) The rack of clean towels at the sink was too high for wheelchair access
5) For handicapped access, a telephone should have been next to the bed, rather than only across the room on a desk
6) There was too little clearance between the beds, and at the end of the beds. If the beds were turned down, the wheelchair would often “pull” the covers off
This may not be specific to the “handicapped” rooms, but the room lighting was not very good. There should have been a switched ceiling light in the proximity of the closet. Basically the room was too dark.
Way overpriced. There don’t seem to be many hotel/motels in thls area. However, ihis one is not recommended.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Best Western, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Of Hartland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Hartland
- Hartland Best Western