“Great Spot for a Quick-ish Lunch”

La Herradura Mexican Bar & Grill
Ranked #7 of 29 Restaurants in Hartland
Cuisines: Mexican
Southeast Michigan
“Great Spot for a Quick-ish Lunch”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

After El Patio closed in Milford, many of us were looking for a spot for a quick authentic Mexican meal and we found much more at La Herradura. The food is great with excellent prices and service is usually very good. I always get the Speedy Gonzalez, but co-workers have tried many of the other lunches and all have been happy. Be sure to get your punch card and remember to present it when paying your bill! Also the decor is great - I see something new every time we visit. I REALLY want to go back some evening for margaritas!

• Visited January 2013

Howell, Michigan
“Very authentic”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We decided after a recent shopping trip to stop here and try it out. We were not disappointed! The menu had a wide range of dishes to choose from. We got a few drinks from the bar and had a great meal.

• Visited December 2012
Traverse City, MI
“The "Norm"”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

The restaurant has "great character". Upon arriving, we noticed the unique chairs, tables and decor. Huge menu. We were a table of 4, very few other guests in the restaurant at 7 pm, On a Satuday Night. The bar seemed to be busy. Food was OK, Service was OK, server never came back to fill beers, soda's or salsa. Had to flag a server down after we recieved our food to get more salsa. We all ordered differant Entree's. No one was really "wowed" by the food.

• Visited December 2012
Milford Michigan
“VERY very surprised and very impressed with La Herradura”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I had wanted to stop by this restaurant for over a year, but, would forget about it as it is located off the main drag in a strip mall, next to Dollar Tree. Finally, decided it was time to give it a try and make sure I wrote it down so I wouldn't forget.

I was wowed when we first walked in. The place is quite large. It looks very small from the outside. It is decorated in colorful, traditional Mexican furniture, so, of course, I was excited, having visited Mexico dozens of times in the last 20 years. I also got a thrill when the owner greeted us with "Hola"!. Como esta? Of course, I wanted to shock him a bit, so I responded, Muy Bien...e tu? Then, he really grinned when I said "Mesa para dos, por favor". Anyway, after all that fun, I couldn't wait to try the food.

I had the faitas with steak, chicken and shrimp and it was piled high.. Tortillas were wrapped in foil and warm. Included re beans and an avacado salad, which was fresh. My groom had the chimichangas and he said they were the best he has ever had. To wash down my faitas, I had the extra large, regular margarita, on the rocks and, as I was raving to my groom about how good everything was, I felt a WOOOOOO moment....I actually had a buzz from the margarita!!!

Needless to say, we will definitely be returning. Dining at La Herradura was like dining at a cantina in Puerto Vallarta. I loved the decor, the Mexican music in the background and the food and service was excellent.

• Visited July 2012
Pinckney, Michigan
“Second time much better”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We came back on a Saturday afternoon and gave this place another chance, it was much better than our first trip posted below.
We were greeted at the door and shown to our booth. Our chip and salsa were fresh. Our server took our order and got our drinks for us. Our food was served quickly and our server returned to make sure everything was OK, and got our drink refills for us when we needed them.
Tip - Make sure you grab a business card from the host when you come in, they will punch the card and your 10th meal is free. They do not tell you about this when they bring your bill.

• Visited July 2012