“VERY very surprised and very impressed with La Herradura”

La Herradura Mexican Bar & Grill
Ranked #8 of 28 Restaurants in Hartland
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Milford Michigan
“VERY very surprised and very impressed with La Herradura”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

I had wanted to stop by this restaurant for over a year, but, would forget about it as it is located off the main drag in a strip mall, next to Dollar Tree. Finally, decided it was time to give it a try and make sure I wrote it down so I wouldn't forget.

I was wowed when we first walked in. The place is quite large. It looks very small from the outside. It is decorated in colorful, traditional Mexican furniture, so, of course, I was excited, having visited Mexico dozens of times in the last 20 years. I also got a thrill when the owner greeted us with "Hola"!. Como esta? Of course, I wanted to shock him a bit, so I responded, Muy Bien...e tu? Then, he really grinned when I said "Mesa para dos, por favor". Anyway, after all that fun, I couldn't wait to try the food.

I had the faitas with steak, chicken and shrimp and it was piled high.. Tortillas were wrapped in foil and warm. Included re beans and an avacado salad, which was fresh. My groom had the chimichangas and he said they were the best he has ever had. To wash down my faitas, I had the extra large, regular margarita, on the rocks and, as I was raving to my groom about how good everything was, I felt a WOOOOOO moment....I actually had a buzz from the margarita!!!

Needless to say, we will definitely be returning. Dining at La Herradura was like dining at a cantina in Puerto Vallarta. I loved the decor, the Mexican music in the background and the food and service was excellent.

• Visited July 2012

Pinckney, Michigan
“Second time much better”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

We came back on a Saturday afternoon and gave this place another chance, it was much better than our first trip posted below.
We were greeted at the door and shown to our booth. Our chip and salsa were fresh. Our server took our order and got our drinks for us. Our food was served quickly and our server returned to make sure everything was OK, and got our drink refills for us when we needed them.
Tip - Make sure you grab a business card from the host when you come in, they will punch the card and your 10th meal is free. They do not tell you about this when they bring your bill.

• Visited July 2012
Howell, Michigan
“Creamy white substance poured over food is nasty!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

Service wasn't bad, great decorations. The food was not great. My quesadilla had a gummy cheese-like sauce poured over it- made the tortilla shell mushy. The oblano peppers were over cooked and also filled with the fake cheese sauce. The refrained beams were good, but not good enough to warrant a return trip.

Michigan
“Best Mexican in the area...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

We eat here regularly, as it's the best Mexican food in the area.We've eaten at all the others, including those who appear to be more upscale, and this place is better overall. Reasonably priced for dinner, down right cheap at lunch, comfortable, clean, with fresh and delicious food (and an enormous menu!). Great drinks and drink specials. Authentic Mexican decor and Mexican staff, who are always welcoming and eager to please. Separate bar and a good place for happy hour meet-ups or watching sports, afternoon or night. Have come to find out the owners have several other restaurants and have been in the business for years. They've obviously figured out the formula for running a successful restaurant. The biggest downside to this place is its location, in an average suburban shopping center, behind the McDonalds, in Hartland (east of US 23 & south of Highland Rd/M-59). A keeper.

• Visited May 2012
Michigan
“Great Food and Decor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

I was very impressed the minute I walked into this restaurant. All the employees were very polite and the decor was very mexican, unique, adorable. The menu was extensive and the food was excellent. Had a very enjoyable time - well worth the visit.

• Visited May 2012