All reviews no elevator first floor silver lake room was clean indoor pool great hotel staff was friendly free breakfast would stay here again this past weekend three rooms many options waffle maker labor day weekend bike path b c easy access
Reviewed September 13, 2018 via mobile

Rooms are updated and nice! But the hallway carpeting could use a wash or replacement.. it’s bad... also HD TV signal would be great since they have HDTV’s but analog service... digital at best.
Bed were comfy and rooms were clean

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 21, 2018

First let's start with the price: $230 for ONE night for what ostensibly is a Comfort Inn.

I was thankful it was the first floor corner by the door b/c we had our dogs. Grateful they accepted dogs, but that added another $20 to the rate: $250. When we walked into our two room suite, the smell of some crazy air deoderizer masking as a "clean" smell was horrible. Plastic cups, thin towels, 2nd rate soap don't equal this rate! The door to the parking lot was broken, so no security meaning anyone could walk in the side door.

Yes it is near the Hart-Montague bike path so that was great, And sure, there's breakfast -- the usual fare of oatmeal packets, eggs, waffle maker, low end bagels and/or bread-- nothing fancy.

I give it 3 stars only b/c it has more than, say, a Red Roof Inn, with a more full brkfst and a pool, but won't ever stay here again. The price alone just left my husband and I speechless, considering we stayed at a beautiful river side home on 4 acres near traverse city for that!!!

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

Easy access off the expressway, close to Silver Lake Dunes and reasonably priced for the season. Late evening staff was friendly and room was clean and comfortable upon arrival. The next day the room was not cleaned and a note left they were out of towels. Not the best experience to come back to after a hot day on the sand. The young lady at the desk was extremely apologetic. Used the pool once and it was very nice.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

There are a couple negative things about this place, but don’t let that stop you from booking here. It’s right next to a nice paved hiking/biking trail. The pool is 6 1/2 feet deep, you don’t see that everywhere. Most places I’m trying to “swim” in four feet of water. Breakfast has more than most hotels comparable in price. Our room was clean. The bathroom was clean and decent. The staff was helpful. The hotel is close to Silver Lake, a plus. The down side for some, not us because we aren’t lazy, no elevator to the second floor.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2018 via mobile

The title of this review kind of says it all. We were visiting friends in Pentwater and there simply aren’t many hotels in this area, so this was our best option.

For a former Comfort Inn, it was overpriced, but I expect that in tourist season. On the positive side, the room was clean and spacious and the bed was comfortable. Its location right off the highway also made it easy to access.

The negatives:
- there was no fan in the bathroom, so it was unbearably steamy after someone showered
- The free breakfast was really weak - low quality, not many options. On our last day, we actually opted to leave the hotel and pay to eat rather than have another breakfast here.

This is not an area I visit frequently, so I doubt I’ll be back. It served the purpose, but I have stayed at a lot of other similar hotels and had much better experiences.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family