All reviews no elevator first floor silver lake room was clean indoor pool great hotel staff was friendly free breakfast would stay here again this past weekend three rooms many options waffle maker labor day weekend bike path b c easy access
Reviewed July 23, 2018 via mobile

The title of this review kind of says it all. We were visiting friends in Pentwater and there simply aren’t many hotels in this area, so this was our best option.

For a former Comfort Inn, it was overpriced, but I expect that in tourist season. On the positive side, the room was clean and spacious and the bed was comfortable. Its location right off the highway also made it easy to access.

The negatives:
- there was no fan in the bathroom, so it was unbearably steamy after someone showered
- The free breakfast was really weak - low quality, not many options. On our last day, we actually opted to leave the hotel and pay to eat rather than have another breakfast here.

This is not an area I visit frequently, so I doubt I’ll be back. It served the purpose, but I have stayed at a lot of other similar hotels and had much better experiences.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank DHWDetroit
Reviewed March 25, 2018

Located off Highway 31, this former Comfort Inn (hence being on Comfort Drive) tops the charts in comfort, value, cleanliness. Rooms (especially the ones with King/Queen combinations have that air of "swankiness" about them.

The bed was comfortable and the heater was quiet and worked perfectly. Three rooms are offered as overlooking the indoor pool. I caution against them - being a notoriously light sleeper, in that there is this immense furnace/airblower positioned at second story level - sadly sharing the same porch as one of the rooms. Makes you wonder why they did it that way.

The free breakfast left something to be desired - but hey! the Shelby Bakery is 5 minutes away!

NOTICE: NO ELEVATOR - so if you have trouble climbing a flight of stairs, call about getting a 1st floor room blocked.

Room Tip: Three rooms overlook the indoor pool - and the huge air heater the goes with it. Caution.
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank I-heart-Travel
Reviewed October 21, 2017 via mobile

Always skeptical with hotels. This hotel was very clean. Had a big, clean pool area. The hotel staff was always pleasant. Breakfast was good minus their eggs but had a good variety to choose from. Would stay here again hands down!
Not a bad drive to the dunes from here either.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2017

Friendly clerk greeted as we entered, We were booked for a second floor room. No elevator and we have trouble doing steps. We were changed to a first floor room. Everything was clean and nice. I would stay here again

Stayed: September 2017
1  Thank KarlCarlton
Reviewed September 25, 2017

We had three rooms this past weekend while we visited the dunes. As others have mentioned, the staff was very accommodating. The grandchildren loved the very large pool. The rooms were comfortable, clean and fairly roomy. The breakfast was nothing to write home about. The one negative that I really noticed was that the hall and stairway carpet needs to be replaced. It is badly stained. That said, I would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family