See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 22, 2016

The owners are very nice and always great you whenever they see you. At check in I was given a map of the area, asked if I was going anywhere specific as they could help me get there.
My room was very nice, clean and felt like home. My only draw back was the water, it has sulfur in it, I just went out and bought water to drink.

I will return and highly recommend it.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Cking09
Reviewed August 17, 2016

On arriving at the Gateway Motel we were greeted by Jim, one of the owners. The room was roomy and comfortable. Everything was very clean and we had a great overnight stay. Would recommend this little gem!

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank Christine D
Reviewed July 19, 2016 via mobile

Stayed two nights in a 3 bed unit as there was no availability in Silver Lake and I read good reviews about the Gateway. I have to say, reviews were dead on as it is definitely and older motel, but Jim & Lorraine could not have been more pleasant and the grounds are also very well kept. As I stated in my title, the room was very clean, smelled nice and we had a peaceful two nights stay. Give it a try and also enjoy a swing under the beautiful, old tree....we did!

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
5  Thank darztravels
Reviewed July 7, 2016

Room was small, buildings are old, but carpet and bed have been recently replaced and the bed was comfortable. We slept well. Conveniently close to Hart, Pentwater, Silver Lake (Sand Dunes). Nothing glamorous, but it lots of interesting places to go nearby. Could stand some more freshening up, but OK if you don't plan to spend time in the room.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Curtis J
Reviewed June 2, 2016

We stayed two nights.. Really cool place and my kid loved the place.... Wonderful area... The owners are very friendly.. Room is right size. Free wifi, car parking near to room..... Worth for the rate.. One negative is water had a smell

Date of stay: May 2016