“Very Flat and Fun”

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Very Flat and Fun”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I could not imagine how a trail in this hilly area could be flat but everyone said it was. I rode this trail twice while visiting the area. The first time I started outside of Shelby rode to Hart and back. This portion of the trail seemed to be pretty well maintained and easy to ride until you got closer to Hart. The portion near Hart got pretty bumpy but it still was not bad. The scenery was always pretty and kept me interested. I actually parked at a Mexican Restaurant called Lupitas with the owners permission and when we got back from the ride we had to have lunch there. Food was amazing but that is another review all together.

The next day we went back and again parked at Lupitas and then rode the other direction towards Montague. The trail was again well maintained and this direction had more cities to ride through and much more to see. New Era was fun to ride through but the big attraction was the Dairy. The Dairy made for a fun stop but I would like to have had more time to explore.

Overall the ride was great and I discovered many other attractions that I would like to visit another time. Lupitas was so good that we ate there both days after the ride...and I highly recommend parking there for a good meal after a hard ride.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Randy W

Norton Shores, Michigan
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Love riding my bike in peaceful surroundings”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I live and work in Whitehall and during the nicer months, I ride my bike to work every day on this trail. During the weekends and evenings, I go for longer rides. Sometimes I take the grandkids with and we stop at the mini golf place in Montague for a quick round of mini golf followed by an ice cream. There are two places in Montague near the trail to buy ice cream. I also take my little girls (my yorkie dogs) on long walks on the trail Usually without incident, but I have started to carry pepper spray because we once saw a loose dog. He did not bother us but it was a little scary with him popping out and scaring my dogs. I ended up carrying my babies until someone called the dog back. The trail is mostly shaded in the area I usually travel so it's cooler on hot days.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank demaranch
Montague, Michigan
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“The entire length is a must do”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

The Hart Montague trail has some other offshoot trails but this 26 mile stretch is a beautiful trail. Walk, snowshoe, hike, bike....
It runs through woodland, rural farms, and small towns. Stop along the trail at Country Dairy, near New Era, for a quick refreshment at this unique large Dairy farm that has a little store near the trail.
I went geocaching along the trail.

Visited October 2012