“Excellent Hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of American Host Inn

American Host Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hart
American Host Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hart B&B and Inns
Schoolcraft, Michigan, United States
“Excellent Hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

One of the most important things needed for the ministry I am involved in is a place to stay at, for myself, with my wife, and people we are taking fishing with Downtime Ministries. Don and Dar have never let us down.Everything is always very clean, friendly service, this is a place I tell everyone heading that way to stay at. In these times these folks are a true blessing!

Room Tip: Very dependable
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Pleasant Ridge, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

As a family, we booked 4 rooms and all were in excellent condition. The owners were very friendly and because we were coming into town for an afternoon wedding (as guests), they set us up with an early check ins so we could get ready for the wedding. The rooms were very clean and the beds were comfortable. The recliner in the room was nice and wonderful to relax in before the reception. Even though the lobby closes in the evening, they are still accessible if something is needed (although we didn't need any after hours attention). The hotel is very clean and it appears that they steam clean everything after having someone stay in the room. And the shower heads are way above your head which is great because the last couple of hotels we have stayed at, you had to bend down to get any water on your head!

We ate lunch and breakfast at the restaurant across the parking lot and it was delicious. Very friendly. If we ever had to go back to the area, we would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here overnight last weekend. Rooms were spotless, Dan and Darlene the owners are great. They were very friendly and accommodating. The small restaurant across the parking lot is also great, delicious food Definitely will stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

I have stayed here for ten days during each of the last two summers while I worked at festivals in Hart. The rooms are clean, spacious, and comfortable, and the hotel is very quiet--great for sleeping after a long day of work or play! The hotel has a real family feel: it is owned by Don & Dar Poole and presided over by their poodle, Bear, so you get personal attention and feel like you are a person, and not just a head in a bed. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kristine G
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed here for the first time a month ago. This place is very very clean! The owners are very nice! We cant wait to come back next year! The bike trail they have is also very nice for adults and kids :) they treated us like family and we were so comfortable there. Rates were cheap as well which is a plus. Def coming back next year. We also receive a post card and a photo from them on our stay which was very nice :) home away from home!

• Stayed August 2013
Berea, OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stay here for a couple of nights once a year and look forward to it each year. This is because it is a clean, comfortable, and quiet inn. Most importantly, I have gotten to know the proprietors and am confident in their commitment to maintaining high standards for their guests.

Room Tip: My room this time was on the first floor. It faced west. One afternoon I enjoyed reading a Readers D...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

We loved our stay at the American Host Inn. Our room was super clean (much cleaner than the Marriott hotels we usually stay at when we travel), spacious (we were able to fit two pack n plays in there and still had space to walk around, and the beds were comfortable. In fact, I am a terrible sleeper and usually don't sleep well when we travel but amazingly enough I slept great here. :) At first I was worried about the quiet hours from 11 to 9 because I have an infant and toddler but it worked out great and I really appreciated how quiet it was at night. The owners were very sweet and welcoming. Even my two year old kept saying "I like this hotel". :) We will definitely stay at this hotel again when we return to Silver Lake next time.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank JessicaInes
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hart
Dunes Express Inn & Suites
#12 of 17 in Ludington
Nader's Lakeshore Motor Lodge
Sierra Sands Family Lodge
Hart House Bed and Breakfast

Been to American Host Inn? Share your experiences!