“clean and friendly”
Review of American Host Inn

American Host Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hart
American Host Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hart B&B and Inns
flat rock, mi
“clean and friendly”
Reviewed August 3, 2011

My family has been staying here for the past 5 summers and will definitely be back in 2012. We stay in the spacious suite which is always very clean and quiet. The owners, Don and Darlene, always make us feel welcome and do all they can to make our stay a pleasant and enjoyable one.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank dkipf

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed August 2, 2011

We have stayed with American Host Inn for 3 years and love it. My husband spent his childhood summers in Silver Lake and wanted to share it with our children and nephew. We were greeted with smiles and treated like family. The suite was oh-so clean. We return summer after summer to a wonderful experience and we will continue to stay with American Host Inn each time we visit Silver Lake.

Room Tip: We have a family of 5 and stay in the suite which has two huge beds, soft pillows, a kitchenette, an...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank MelanieShanks
Davison, Michigan
Reviewed July 27, 2011

A very clean and quiet place with excellent hosts who were very helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I will stay here on my next trip to the Silver Lake area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Frank11177
Lexington, South Carolina
Reviewed July 15, 2011

Return visit to this property based on a great experience the first time around in 2010. Very clean, comfortable room on an attractive property that is well maintained. Don and Darlene were once again gracious hosts with a lot of local knowledge that made my visit to Hart very enjoyable. Having spent a lot of time on the road and stayed in many hotels/motels, I can say that this is the only one where I received a "thank-you" postcard from the owners for my stay. Good restaurant right next door and a seasonal fruit stand right down the road made the stay more enjoyable. Would recommend this little gem to any traveler wanting a nice facility at a very good price! I'll be coming back next year.....

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Roadwarrior070
Sauk City, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 19, 2010

I found the hotel met our needs for our trip nicely. Close to a great bike path and the Silver Lake Dunes. The hosts were friendly and accommodating and helped us make the most of our trip. This was my first trip to the dunes and Don provided some good advice. I will stay there again on my next trip
Thanks Don and Dar!

Dave from Wisconsin

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank moldster
Muskegon, Michigan
Reviewed August 1, 2010

I wanted to check in early and the manager stated that for an extra five dollars for the maid that arrangement could be made. When I did check in I found the following:
Room had a very strong smell of powder carpet cleaner (old beat up carpet) that I believe was used to masked the mold smell and the smell of animals (it is pet friendly hotel).
The wall air conditioner was loud and the air smelled like a moist swamp
Two small pillows on an old broken down mattress
Regular room 'keys' not a pass key
Two little packets of shampoo
Old time TV
Tried to call for a wake up but no one would answer

This hotel's web site said it was the newest hotel in Hart. If that is true then this place must have been built in the 90's and they could use a competitor in the area to get them over their 'I'm so wonderful" attitude. There are so many tourists in the area this time of year that they don't have to cater to you or be nice about anything.

I did not rate them terrible because the shower was adequate.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank PUppie42499
Davison, Michigan
Reviewed July 25, 2010

I stay here often and always enjoy myself. The location is close to many attractions yet far enough away to be quiet. The rooms are extremly clean and the property is well maintained. Pride of ownership shows!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank tmac3192
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hart
Dunes Express Inn & Suites
#3 of 3 in Hart
Days Inn Suites
Days Inn Suites
#2 of 11 in Pentwater

Been to American Host Inn? Share your experiences!