“Meal spoiled by dispute over the bill”
Review of Old Place Inn - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Old Place Inn
Reviewed August 24, 2014

The ambiance is great. The food was OK though my steak, the highest priced item on the menu, wasn't all that great. My spouse liked her meal of perch must better. The issue was the bill. We were charged $1 each for having onion soup. The waitress never told us that when she offered it as an option. The manager/owner came over to explain to us that we could have the soup of the day and that onion soup wasn't on the list. This seems a bit hard for the average customer to figure out on their own without being told. She agreed to reduce the bill, but the original higher charge appeared on the credit card statement to sign. At this point, arguing more about $2 wasn't worth it so that I signed the bill and left unhappy.

There are newer reviews for Old Place Inn

Reviewed July 22, 2014

On a whim I turned off U.S. Highway 23 into downtown Harrisville, on Lake Huron. I saw this historical building and decided to check it out. I had a fantastic meal here. The chef( yes, he did go to school) does wonderful things with nice variety of dishes. The use of spices was delightful and not overpowering. I had Asian Chicken Noodle Soup. The salad bar had a number of his unique touches to some fairly standard items.
I fully believe that you will be pleased with a meal here.

3  Thank Dale W