“Stay and play at spring rates!! Great Deal”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Harris
Island Resort & Casino
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Harris
Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

We did a stay and play package with the casino and golf course. The entire experience was very nice.
We arrived early with thoughts getting into our room before our tee times. The rooms wear not ready but we did have four rooms and it was noon so no big deal. Next our tee times was delayed due to a storm bummer but again mother natural makes the calls. The people at the course we're great about scheduling a new tee time early the next morning. The course is amazing (gps on the cart giving you distance to the tee is great) every one on the course was more then helpful!! Thanks to everyone who made the experience great even with the poor wet cold weather. 5 stars for the course. 5 plus stars for there attendants.
Check to room was busy due to a wedding. It was really nice to have our group pulled to the side and giving room keys. They told us to come down and check in and pay when we wanted to and it was less busy. That was really nice.
The rooms was fine clean and had a nice flat screen TV. Nothing to fancy but we were in the old wing and not there for the room. Over all nice room.
The casino was two bars with some good drink specials and TV to watch NHL games. The food was good, there are a couple different opinions and I enjoyed the food I had. Pulled pork sandwich after $5 food coupon was $2 and some change was great.
Overall it was a really good deal the rooms were nice, casino (didn't win) but lots of slots, golf course was amazing.

I definitely recommend the stay and play. I don't know summer rates but hard to beat there spring rates!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank cronek28
There are newer reviews for Island Resort & Casino

Reviewed June 3, 2013

In what seemed to be the middle of nowhere is the Island Casino. We were heading north out of Escanaba and there appeared this large casino resort so we had to stop. Pleasantly surprised. The room rates where reasonable considering it was around a holiday weekend. The casino was clean and large and the food was great. This is a planned location to visit but you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Reasonable rates for a resort casino
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank TC1230
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I stayed one week at this Indian resort while working at a nearby business, the first time I have stayed at an Indian casino hotel in 25 years. As with most casinos, pricing was very reasonable. However, the total experience was a bit disappointing. The bed and pillows were only moderately comfortable. The room was rather plain, even though I stayed in the newer tower, with the window view being of the casino roof and a large air conditioner. There was no vanity mirror in the bathroom, and the lights over the dressing table quite dim, unacceptable for women applying makeup. When I called ahead of my arrival to ask about room amenities such as a mini-refrigerator and microwave range, I was informed that these were not present in the rooms. I also asked if a complimentary breakfast was provided, and was told that it was not, even though I learned after checking in that each day of my stay I was provided with a $5 coupon to apply against any meal charge. As I uniformly do on my first night at any hotel, I asked for a wake-up call for the next morning in the event that the clock radio alarm did not function. However, I never received the requested wake-up call. While a cable channel lineup was present in the room, there was no guest guide book listing hotel amenities and restaurants. The indoor pool was very nice, but the adjacent fitness room was a tiny room containing only a treadmill, a stepmaster, and an exercise bicycle. There were no free weights or weight machines.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank LouBobHarborSprings
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Sayed at Island Resort last week while attending a convention held the resort.

Amenities: The Island Resort has a hotel with indoor pool, several restaurants, a casino with slots and tables, a show lounge, a golf course and a convention center.

The convention center: The convention center was recently upgraded. I like the new brighter
convention center with larger doors and multiple meeting rooms. We had a combination off sit down means and buffets and the resort handled the volume of people well.

The hotel: They have different rooms at different price points. I paid a little extra for a executive sweet. Overnight stay included $5 vouchers for meals, $5 for beverage and $5 for the casino. At $129.71 after tax for a two room suite the rooms are a real value.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank TravelVlogger
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Husband is from Escanaba so we like to pop up there every couple of years to see relatives. We stay at the casino and have never been disappointed. The rooms are clean and nicely decorated. The casino has nice wide aisles for us seniors with walkers and a good selection of machines. I don't like the smoking but it's not too bad. I just play penny machines but walked away almost $600 ahead after playing Tueday night and Wednesday morning and night. Looking forward to going back up in a couple of years.

Room Tip: Handicapped seniors should ask for the tower closer to the lobby so they don't have to walk thru...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Aretta_Schils
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Spent the last weekend of March at the Island. The assigned room in the Tower was nice and clean. The area that is need of updating is the pool and hot tub area. The hot tub jets don't have the pressure that a hot tub should. This area also needs some supervision as when children are loud, the noise just echo's and you can't relax in the hot tub. If your going to enjoy the hot tub and pool area, you not. The resturant was very good and is very reasonably priced. They have an AARP discount, but don't allow any discount for acitve or retired military.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Roman A
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I have been going to the Island Resort and Casino for several years now with a large group on a tour bus from the Milwaukee area. Each year I think that sooner or later they have to update the rooms. Nope! Still have the huge TV's, horrible mattresses, and crummy pillows. Most everyone I talked to on the bus said the same thing, their backs were sore after sleeping (or trying to sleep) on the crummy mattresses! Is this a ploy to keep us awake to spend more in the casino? Please management, update these rooms! At least invest in better mattresses that don't kill our backs!

Room Tip: Bring your own mattress!!!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank DebRFranksville_WI
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harris
Quality Inn & Suites Escanaba
#1 of 10 in Escanaba
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#4 of 10 in Escanaba

Been to Island Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!