“Please update the rooms!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Harris
Island Resort & Casino
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Harris
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I have been going to the Island Resort and Casino for several years now with a large group on a tour bus from the Milwaukee area. Each year I think that sooner or later they have to update the rooms. Nope! Still have the huge TV's, horrible mattresses, and crummy pillows. Most everyone I talked to on the bus said the same thing, their backs were sore after sleeping (or trying to sleep) on the crummy mattresses! Is this a ploy to keep us awake to spend more in the casino? Please management, update these rooms! At least invest in better mattresses that don't kill our backs!

Room Tip: Bring your own mattress!!!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank DebRFranksville_WI
There are newer reviews for Island Resort & Casino

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I love the Island for concerts! The venue is small and there is not a bad seat in the whole place. You feel like you can grab the hands of the acts when you're in the very back row. Pretty cheap drinks and I've won some money there a time or two as well. The fast food place they have there is not bad either. It's very resonably priced too. Would recommend a stop if you're in the area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank WiscoTravelor
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I grew up close to the Island so it's a good hang out spot when returning home. I've always considered it one of the nicest casinos in the general areas and have hosted birthday celebrations there numerous occasions. Our last trip was completely ruined by poor hotel management and staff. We were lied to about the services and then treated badly by customer service. I took these concerns to the hotel manager as I knew someone would actually have some customer service knowledge. WRONG! The woman completely ignored the situation and refused to do anything to make the situation right. As a seasoned gambler they have lost a frequent player because of these employees. It's sad that such a nice place has to be stained with unqualified employees that do their job poorly.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank JCapp69
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Yes you heard it here first...For my vote this is the best in the U.P. Must have brought in a chef from Las Vegas, Whatever they did this is a winner. Only flaw is that you must walk through a smoke filled Casino to get in. First class food, first class wine list and first class service. Both Steak and Seafood perfect. Even the desert is to rave about. I will be back whenever I am in the U.P.

Room Tip: I'm talking about the restaurant not the Hotel
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed here overnight because we were there for a George Thorogood concert. It was our first time staying there and we really enjoyed it. They have several restaurants. We only ate at The Firekeepers Restaurant while we were there. We ate dinner there and both had the soup and salad bar. It was good. Not a ton to choose from for sides, but there were some and tasted good. The clam chowder was excellent! Breakfast the next morning was good too. The casino is nice and has a nice bar. There is also a dance area/bar that had a band playing that night that sounded good. We stayed in a standard king bed on the older side of the hotel on the 5th floor and it was actually a pretty nice room. Bathroom was quite tiny with just a little room in front of the toilet, but it was clean and looked like a nice, new shower. There is a mirror and makeup area outside the bathroom. They also include with your stay a $5 card to use for gambling, a free drink coupon, and a $5 off bingo when you buy $25 worth of cards per person in the room. There is also a gift shop and pool and hot tub. If we stay there again, we will probably request the new part of the hotel, but they did say they were in the process of remodeling the old part and I do think our room was remodeled. It was nice and can't complain except that there was no mini fridge, which would have come in handy. There were very loud neighbors (as in several rooms of people) that woke my husband up several times. I always bring ear plugs to hotels since I am a light sleeper and hear everything and I slept solid all night...so I advise ear plugs for any hotel...not the hotels fault. But we will more than likely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lara B
Reviewed February 28, 2013

stayed here for a weekend feb,2013. Had a great time with my husband and hung out with my sister in-law. We had dinner at the 5 bridges resturant, which was the best food ever! gambled and didn't win but did have alot of fun. Very cheap mini vacation with very good promos. Also because we live very close we were able to bring our children swimming and enjoy some time with them as well as have fun ourselves. Can't wait for their winter room rates again next year looking foward to it!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tracy L
Reviewed February 16, 2013

This is a wonderful hotel! Our room was a King Suite and it was beautiful, obviously newly remodeled. It had a really nice whirlpool tub and a bed that was the most comfortable I have ever slept on. Everything was spotlessly clean the the staff went out of their way to be helpful. There are 3 restaurants a pub/grille that we did not eat at, a snack bar and a full restaurant. The food and service in the snack bar was so good that we at our lunches and dinners there and breakfast in the big restaurant. The most amazing part of this hotel is the Casino. We are not big gamblers, but always play a little in every casino hotel we stay at, but this time we had so much fun! It is a very bright cheerful place, with lots of space between blocks of machines so you never felt crowded. There is a huge variety of slot machines and all the table games in the center. There is great drink service at the machines and everybody is helpful and seems happy with their jobs. All the points you collect while gambling can be spent for food or at the gift shop and they tell you to make sure you spend them if you wont be back before your card expires. I dropped my phone in the hotel or on the casino floor and it was returned immediately to the security desk. It seemed like everyone was having a good time and I have never played so long at a casino on my small budget for gambling. We would return to to this hotel in a heartbeat! The only thing I did not like was the pool which was located near the front desk, which meant you had to either change clothes in the bathroom of the pool or walk through the entire casino in your swimming gear. The work out room was small and rather crowded and seemed an after thought. They are currently remodeling at this hotel and they may change that configuration.

Room Tip: We stayed in the South Tower on the third floor. I can't imagine a nicer room!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bgawboy1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harris
Quality Inn & Suites Escanaba
#1 of 10 in Escanaba
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#4 of 10 in Escanaba

Been to Island Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!