“Highlight of our trip.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Harris
Island Resort & Casino
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Harris
Tower, Minnesota
“Highlight of our trip.”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

This is a wonderful hotel! Our room was a King Suite and it was beautiful, obviously newly remodeled. It had a really nice whirlpool tub and a bed that was the most comfortable I have ever slept on. Everything was spotlessly clean the the staff went out of their way to be helpful. There are 3 restaurants a pub/grille that we did not eat at, a snack bar and a full restaurant. The food and service in the snack bar was so good that we at our lunches and dinners there and breakfast in the big restaurant. The most amazing part of this hotel is the Casino. We are not big gamblers, but always play a little in every casino hotel we stay at, but this time we had so much fun! It is a very bright cheerful place, with lots of space between blocks of machines so you never felt crowded. There is a huge variety of slot machines and all the table games in the center. There is great drink service at the machines and everybody is helpful and seems happy with their jobs. All the points you collect while gambling can be spent for food or at the gift shop and they tell you to make sure you spend them if you wont be back before your card expires. I dropped my phone in the hotel or on the casino floor and it was returned immediately to the security desk. It seemed like everyone was having a good time and I have never played so long at a casino on my small budget for gambling. We would return to to this hotel in a heartbeat! The only thing I did not like was the pool which was located near the front desk, which meant you had to either change clothes in the bathroom of the pool or walk through the entire casino in your swimming gear. The work out room was small and rather crowded and seemed an after thought. They are currently remodeling at this hotel and they may change that configuration.

Room Tip: We stayed in the South Tower on the third floor. I can't imagine a nicer room!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bgawboy1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Kewaunee, Wisconsin
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We had a great time during our stay the last weekend in October! The drive up was beautiful with fall color and when we arrived and checked in, the staff at the front desk was very helpful in explaining our "comps" and everything else the resort had to offer. We went with 2 other couples so we had adjoining rooms. Our rooms were very large, bright, and clean. The pool and surrounding area looked quite large but we didn't have time to use it. We had a very delicious breakfast in the Firekeeper's Restaurant, the wait staff was super friendly, and the prices were very budget friendly....more to use in the casino! We went to see the band Styx who put on a terrific show in the resort's showrroom. We will definitely be returning!

2 Thank 1smalltowngirl78
Sterling Heights, Michigan
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Each Thanksgiving my husband and I stay here while visiting family in the area. The front desk staff are always welcoming and helpful. The rooms, year after year are large, clean, free bottled water and include WiFi.

You get free passes for use in the casino and all the restaurants. Not a whole lot money, but nice to have none the less. This is a Native American run Casino and Hotel. It is about 15 minutes from Escanaba, the closest large town. What's nice about being at the casino is that there's always something going on. While in Escanaba, things start to close for the evening, you know that at the casino you can still get something to eat and of course have some fun gambling or people watching.

Keep in mind that they have big name performers in frequently and you might want to check their website to see if it's when you're planning a visit, since it might be difficult to get a reservation.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Slipsa
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 25, 2012

It's a very nice casino and they give you good comps. The restaurant is also very good . The rooms are large and very nice and the price is good. It's a fun place. Not much of anything else around so you kind of have to stay there unless you want to drive to different pl;aces. It's hard to get a reservation there because they have allot of buses coming in but if you call inb advance you can usually get one. Up to 3 months in advance.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Susie195847
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I just copied the letter I sent to their customer relations manager

Enjoy the following review...

To Whom it May Concern???

Judging by our stay at your establishment the following comments will make it no further than this email. We arrived at your resort----if you can call it that on October 14 2012. We were told by your front desk staff that our room was not ready yet, seeing as we were early that was understandable. We made our way to the casino floor and gamed for about an hour. My husband check back in with the front desk and they check us in. When we arrived at our room with luggage in tow we were surprised to see that our room wasn’t ready at all. We had to wait in the hall until your poor housekeeping staff had to call extra staff to help clean our room. We overheard the staff say “I’m not sure why they are checking people in—I haven’t even called these rooms down yet.” The room was very nice and we got to know it quite well as we spent the majority of our time in it.---Not for the reasons you might think, we’ll get back to this comment later. We are from Canada however we spend all our vacation time in the states and as we are avid gamers we spend our vacation time at establishments such as this. We have visited your casino three times in the past-=-never really having any luck but we gave it the benefit of the doubt because it’s quiet and relaxing. HUGE MISTAKE I should have went with my gut instinct and gone to Mt. Pleasant or Manistee, Kewedin, even the Turtle Creek or any other casino in northern Michigan.... I have never been to a more tighter casino Don’t get me wrong I don’t gamble and expect to win a million, however after driving a 4 hour long drive I expect to at least be able to play a little—hence all the time in the hotel room . Your casino is the least entertaining casino we have been to. Seeing as we are returning patrons you would think that your establishment would want us to come back but every time we come here this place just seems more money hungry.

I thought we could catch a break in your restaurants in the past they were ok nothing spectacular. However my first meal consisted of cold eggs and toast at Firekeepers and the waitress actually admitted she dropped a piece of my toast on the floor and she would bring me a fresh slice but never did. She had the audacity at the end of the meal when my napkin was on my plate if I would like the other piece now. Wow such professionalism. Our Second meal was at bridges pub that was fun we were shown to our seats by a very classless bartender we ordered, she brought our food and never came back to the table. Our soup was cold and the sandwich tasted like cardboard. My husband actually had to get up and ask a passing staff at the bar entrance if we could get condiments on our table. I’m not sure who your food and beverage manager is but he needs to go back to hospitality service school either that or go to another casino and see how it’s done. (might I suggest Manistee's Little River) Oh by the way packaged creamers at your coffee dispensaries just screams cheapness—try putting some real cream there for your patrons—I’m sure this place can afford it. Our last and final meal consisted of my husband trying to order a pizza at the coral reef deli he was greeted by a really unpleasant cashier. He waited forty minutes while our pizza order was given to another patron with no apology from your staff. Speaking of your staff the majority of them with the exception of your housekeeping staff are miserable tell them to smile once in awhile it goes a long way. Or here’s an idea if you don’t like your job quit.

This is our final visit to your cheap establishment. As well word of mouth is one of the best forms of advertising and we we’ll be telling our friends and family not to bother to make this trip.

I don’t expect to hear from anyone about free comps or mailers or an apology.. we haven’t received that in the last 3 years we’ve been coming here which by the way is a poor marketing strategy on your part.
But it is to be expected.

Sorry to have spent my time away from work at your establishment...

Shannon & Mark

P.S. tell your housekeeping staff keep up the good work they were the highlight of our trip.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 3rd floor of the old tower and it was far away from the elevator so it was very...
14 Thank 321shannon
Whitelaw, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We arrived on my birthday oct. 5,got no friendly hellos from anyone nor did they even offer us anyone to take our bags to our room!? I had to ask twice if there were any special offers for my birthday,i had to wait until the second day for any promos. Friday night my wife and I had a nice meal at the firekeepers, when some young girls came in about 14 in short skirts and real high heels,my wife whispered to me look how those young girls are dresses the woman walking passed said to us then don't look (very snippy) I told her what did she care,one of the girls was her daughter and the lady worked there but refused to give her name,so we went to security they stuck with her and didn't care what we said!!! Nice that her kids got better treatment than we did. Never again will i spend money there!!!

3 Thank James D
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We just spent another terrific weekend in the UP at the Island Casino - beautiful hotel, great rooms and a fun casino. The best part was the golf courses and the really cheap golf package - if you haven't played Greywalls, Sweetgrass and Timberstone, make your plans. I am reluctant to pass this information along because I don't want it to get too crowded up there...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Al V
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harris
Quality Inn & Suites Escanaba
#3 of 10 in Escanaba
Terrace Bay Hotel
Terrace Bay Hotel
#1 of 2 in Gladstone

Been to Island Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!