“Great grooming and attitude”
Review of Nub's Nob

Nub's Nob
More attraction details
Owner description: Recreation area offers downhill and cross-country skiing, 246 acres on 43 slopes and runs up to almost a mile in length.
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great grooming and attitude”
Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

I haven't skied here scince 1990. And WOW! They have really expanded! The terrain park is awesome. The staff is friendly , lunch is great! Great family feel and now I know why locals prefer it over the competition

1 Thank Chefskinner

Grand Rapids, Michigan
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“The best skiing in Michigan”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is the family friendly place to ski in Michigan. Nice people, family focus and the best skiing too. If you only choose a place to ski based on the quality of the runs and snow, you'll choose Nubs. If you you want a place that has great programs to teach kids and adults, you'll choose Nubs. If you want a place where the locals go and everyone is friendly, you'll choose Nubs. If you want a big fancy place with a hotel, spa and snobs, you'll choose the place across the street (and please do).

1 Thank Dennis D
Petoskey, Michigan
97 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 328 helpful votes
“Best Snow, Service and Food Up North!”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We live up here, so we have a choice of where to ski and Nubs is simply the best. The staff are all exceptional, the grooming and snow making are the best in the area and I would go to the cafeteria just for the chicken salad! We think their soups are wonderful too. We never wait in a lift line and it's perfect for all ages. We see lots of families, but it's terrific for older folks during the week, when it's like we have the whole place to ourselves. We love it!

East Grand Rapids, Michigan
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 95 helpful votes
“Great Shape!”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Every run was groomed, even on a Wednesday! Boyne Mountain and Boyne Highlands should learn from this. This was such a fun layout. There were runs for every level. We really enjoyed ourselves. Most of the staff were friendly. The bartender was a sort of a jerk, but everyone else treated us with respect and patience.
We will be back.

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Black Diamond in the Rough”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Nub’s Nob boasts that it has the best snow in the Midwest and I would have to agree. The trails are all groomed to perfection and included sixty-three inches of base when I visited. Before the trip I had suffered a shoulder injury and wasn’t sure if I was going to continue the sport of snowboarding due to the increased risk. Nub’s Nob is what made me decide to keep snowboarding. I was able to use the easier beginner slopes to regain my confidence and once I had, the options felt endless. There are fifty-three slopes on the mountain all of which overlap for numerous combinations and exceptional amounts of fun. The staff is upbeat and they seem to enjoy their jobs. The lift workers are courteous and the lines are short. I went during Martin Luther King weekend and didn’t have to sit in line for more than a minute or two each run. The mountain is run efficiently and it is well maintained. Throughout the day snowmobiles with small grooming tools can be seen working on the trails. The lodge is also clean and well organized. If traveling in large groups the resort has locker rooms to store clothing and equipment, which can be locked for their protection. The mountain boasts two lodges. The main lodge includes the ski store, the equipment room, and the main dinning hall. The second lodge is smaller but located on the opposite side of the mountain and includes a smaller dinning hall. The food is exceptional. For breakfast they offer a variety of freshly cooked options including donuts, which I recommend. The lunch was also quite good. The chili and sandwiches taste amazing after skiing or snowboarding for hours. The ski shop in the main lodge is small, but offers anything you could need, from jackets to goggles. Overall one of the best skiing experiences in the Midwest or all of the East Coast for that matter.