“Our Favorite Restaurant in the Area”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Little Traverse Bay Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Well known by locals, this gem has a fantastic view of Little Traverse Bay, offers well prepared entre'es such as Chicken Morel, Walleye Grenoble, Grilled Salmon with fennel.
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We were in the area for the month of August, and tried a lot of restaurants. This was our favorite...good food, fabulous view of the bay, and good service. We also played golf here twice and recommend it. There are some spectacular holes...

Reviewed September 18, 2012

It's a golf course on a hill with nice view of Lake Michigan. During a recent vacation in the area, we had lunch on the restaurant patio. It was hot & no umbrellas, but we wanted the view. Lunch may have been the worst restaurant food ever. I had a BLT -- the bacon was raw;not "undercooked" but raw!! Not even warm. They did cook it some, but I could only eat a few bites. Bacon was flavorless, lettuce was one leaf that looked wilted and rotten. The manager did take the cost off our bill, but we paid for my husband's lunch which wasn't much better. His chicken salad sandwich wasn't very tasty. And, I've never seen French Onion soup served with a few crumbs of shredded cheese, not even melted. A VERY disappointing experience.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

You go here for the views, period. Impressive views across Little Traverse Bay, over to Round Lake, Crooked Lake, and Pickerel Lake. Stop in for a drink, lunch, or dinner as the views make any beverage or meal that much better. The food is rock solid, i.e. very good, but not spectacular. That said I would be very tempted to trade an evening at Charlie Trotters or the French Laundry for a meal during sunset on the patio at LTB. I will leave the food comments to other reviewers, but suggest you find your way here for any amount of time.

Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

We wouldn't miss eating here! The food is consistently good. The service was excellent and the view always takes my breath away. What more can I say?!

Reviewed July 18, 2012

We ate here last weekend and the food was great! The rolls were really good...served with a dipping oil. The signature salads that our group ordered were awesome. Our server was very sweet - we asked for separate bills and she was more than accommodating. Several ppl in our group were dieting so they wanted to split meals. We were pleasantly surprised to see that they split the portions in the kitchen for us. Some of the restaurants Up North charge a splitting fee which I think is ridiculous! We were happy to see that Little Traverse Bay did not charge a plotting fee. My dad wanted a marinara sauce with his pasta (which wasn't offered on the menu) and the chef was willing to make it for him. They didn't object when we swapped chicken out for shrimp in some of the dishes. I was very happy with my pasta with spinach, sun dried tomatoes, and feta. I got it with shrimp - and they were very large shrimp! We normally order fish here but we were happy with the pasta dishes. The views here are unbelievable. I highly recommend visiting even if it's for a cocktail because the views are just so besutiful!