“for the love of elevation !”

Little Traverse Bay Golf Course
Hudson, Florida
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“for the love of elevation !”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I Try to get to Michigan once a year just to play this course. I live in Tampa, Fl and have played all over the USA and no golf course is THIS ... what a masterpeice and my wife goes just to see it and she doesn't even play golf . Most beautiful golf course in America .

Visited July 2012
2 Thank webbknight

Sedona, AZ
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 232 helpful votes
“Great course, great value”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Over the last 40 years I've watched northern Michgan become a major golf destination. Resorts and public access courses are prolific, along with pricey, though seasonal, private clubs. I've had opportunities to play many of them and return often because they are that good. My favorite, and the one that I chose to play again last week, is Little Traverse Bay GC. I love it for the dramatic elevations and views of the water from most of the holes. With four sets of tees the course offers a challenge for players at all levels.
This week I found the golf course to be in excellent condition. The fairways were green and lush and the greens were smooth and true, although a little on the slow side. By choosing to play on Wednesday we saved $20 on the greens fee ($59) and also found the course to be almost wide open. I would expect that to change in July though. Call well in advance to book tee times and be prepared for a memorable day.

Visited June 2012
Springfield, Missouri
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“WOW -- scenic, hilly, and a challenge”
Reviewed May 25, 2012

You may not think of hills in Michigan, but this golf course is built on the same terrain as the nearby Nub's Nob Ski Resort. Gravity is your friend on the down sweeping holes. Terrific views back to Lake Michigan or Crooked Lake from the highest points on #1, #9, #10, and #18. Large greens provide reasonable targets for the hobby player. Pro shop staff are friendly, bag handlers clean your clubs before and after play, nice restaurant and a cafe with views. Our foursome really enjoyed the course, just wish we could actually play better!

Visited May 2012
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“One of my favorites”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Another one of my favorite restaurants in the area. If you get there before 6pm, you get 20% off of your bill. The wine is a little pricey but they give a pretty good portion. They changed their bread this year and it is much better. It reminds me of the bread that is served at the Kruse & Muer chains in the metro Detroit area. I love the bibb salad with a honey vinagrette. I always get the Leelanau Chicken. I know I should try other dishes like my family but it is truly my favorite. I can't get it anywhere else. My mom got the salmon with a mango salsa and it was great. I will always return to this restaurant when I am in the area. One of my favorites and a standout.

Visited May 2012
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great views”
Reviewed February 8, 2012

This course has stunning views we'ved played it several times will camping in the area