Boyne Highlands Resort
Birchwood Inn(Harbor Springs)
Coach House Inn(Petoskey)
Comfort Inn(Petoskey)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe main lodgezip lineski schoolgolf tripgolf courses arethe main dining roomhorseback ridinglawn gameschair liftgreat golfski hillbreakfast buffet islift ticketszoo barbit datedgreat escapeslope side
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed at Bartley House, which apparently has the largest hot tub in the midwest - it's the size of a pool! It was amazing after hours on the road on our bikes. The room was plenty large enough, it was clean and comfortable. There were 4 of us per room, so it was a bit tight but all we needed was some place to shower and sleep. I wish they'd delivered pizza from the bar to the hotel, but it was only a short walk to the main lodge and bar. Not being in the main lodge, we didn't hear much noise from the bar; when we walked over there, it wasn't very busy and they had a decent band. Would be more than happy to stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Nothing pretentious yet everything we needed for a very relaxing golf vacation. Golf and stay packages are great value, feels like you are in the middle of the wilderness with all the amenities of home.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Wife and I went to this resort in August of 2013. Stayed in the hotel on first floor. Rooms were small and cramped. Bed linens were very nice. HD TV and a little fridge. Layout was odd there is a step down on all first floor rooms. The resort must have been sued over this because they warned us when we checked in and attached a red notice to our room paper work when we checked in to be "careful" watch out for the step. We laughed as we went into the room. Sure enough my wife tripped coming out of the really small bathroom. It is really a bad design. Played golf on the Heathers. Easy but pretty track. Nothing out of the ordinary compared to other up north resorts. If I were going to go away for a golf weekend, I would not come here. This is a ski resort.

Room Tip: Stay on the side with the hill or overlooking the pool. Do not stay on the first floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

If you need just a place to lay your head and do not mind noise then this is the place for you. We arrived late 12:15am we walked in to register and the bar was so loud it was evident there were lots of loud drunks in the bar. We commented on the fact there must be a big party and the front desk clerk smiles laughed and said its Friday night. He assigned us room in the Bartley House. He told use to take the second right and we would be there. Once we found the place we looked for parking. No lighting in the lots so we ended up parking slightly away from the Bartley house but it felt safer and had a little lighting. We walked over to the entrance of the Bartley house where a truck full of loud people at the entrance. we opened the door of the building to be greeted by a group of very drunk men and one who worried us a little from his comments and the fact we were did not want to join them for a drink. We finally got to sleep and someone knocked on the door we did not answer. The most irritating thing was at 0500am both mornings the sprinkler system would hit the windows and jolt us awake--and we were on the top floor. When I mentioned this to the front desk they said well how was your stay and just blew it off. Would I stay again problem not it was a get away for my birthday which was a nice surprise but will not stay here again

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the resort only one night after we couldn't find anything else available nearby. We didn't use the golf course or other amenities, so I understand we weren't the resort's "typical" guests. The facility has really started showing its age and an overall lack of general maintenance both inside and out. The decor is dark and reflects its mid-80s vintage. Carpets throughout are worn and the walls dinged and dented. Our room had a musty, stale smell and the hallway outside our room smelled strongly of cigarette smoke (and I can't recall the last time I stayed in a hotel that still uses metal keys). The entire place is due for a multi-million dollar renovation. The inn has a no-refund policy and charges the entire night's stay at the time of your reservation which is also unnecessary and unusual. And, even though check-out wasn't until 1PM (which was nice), housekeeping was knocking at our door at 8 o'clock. I will say the breakfast was worth the $30 charge for two--large buffet, made-to-order omelettes, and excellent service. All-in-all though the Highlands Resort was definitely not worth the $200+ cost (with breakfast). Even if the golfing and skiing were in fact world-class, I can't imagine there aren't other cleaner, more modern family resorts nearby to choose from.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple