“Pet and Human Friendly choice!”
Review of Cherry Tree Inn

Cherry Tree Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Saanich
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Last year we stayed at the Cherry Tree Inn in a single room which was comfortable, but small. For our 2014 visit, we booked a "Junior suite" which proved to be excellent! A bedroom with a queen bed, plus a living/dining area with two queen beds, bathroom with tub/shower, fully equipped kitchen with full size refrigerator, mini-grill, microwave, coffeemaker, toaster and a large array of dishes and cutlery.

We could really make ourselves and our pet at home in this suite and were so pleased with the amenities. Granite counter, stainless steel kettle and toaster, a large table and comfy bed. Lots of hot water, too.

Our hosts were extremely friendly and helpful with anything we needed.

I notice some negative reviews, which I think date to a time before the current owners.

We are so happy we chose to return to the Cherry Tree Inn for a 2 night stay this year.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Islander280

Reviewed June 1, 2014

The double queen room unit is $95 including a kitchenette, wifi, flat screen tv and free parking next to my own unit.

Hard wood floor, supplies and decor are neat and modern.

The inn is 15 min hwy drive from Victoria with easy access to hwy. traffic noise is not noticeable.

Owner couple is friendly and available; office closes at midnight unlike some owner operated inns that close early.

I felt comfortable during my stay in May so I'm staying there again in June.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Did stay only for a single night before morning flight from Victoria International. The motel/hotel was nice and everything worked perfectly. The price was good as well. I would not hesitate to stay for a couple more nights.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 13, 2014

This is my second visit to this motel. It is very clean and well kept. Bed was comfortable. Managers were pleasant and courteous. Close to Butterfly Gardens and Butchart Gardens and Victoria. Will stay here again when I go back to the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here last year and again this year. The rooms are spacious, modern and clean. The rates are modest and overall exceeded our expectations. The host is very helpful. We hope to return on our next visit to Sanaach/Victoria!

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I stayed here April 1, 2014. Two alternates I looked at were booked, so I went for a site inspection. My room was simple, but clean. Bed and pillow were comfortable and it was quiet, so I didn't have to use my ear plugs. Lots of hot water, new toilet, sink, shower, fresh towels - there were even slippers in the room as the floors were hard surface. My car was right outside my room, motel style. Cable TV, big screen and free wifi. With tax, my room came to $56.35

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I stayed 3 nights in March, 2014. I chose the hotel for it's proximity to Uvic. The room was larger than I expected with two queen beds, 3 large windows and nice hardwood flooring. It was bright, spotlessly clean and very new looking. Internet was free, fast and simple to use. The staff were friendly and efficient. The hotel has easy access to the hiway in either direction and to 10Km of forested hiking trails lake around Beaver Lake.

I'm definitely coming back next time I visit my daughter. No reason to go elsewhere. this is the best deal in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saanich
Howard Johnson Hotel and Suites Victoria Elk Lake
Red Lion Inn & Suites Victoria
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#37 of 49 in Victoria

Been to Cherry Tree Inn? Share your experiences!