“Delighted”
Review of Cherry Tree Inn

Cherry Tree Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Saanich
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I stayed 3 nights in March, 2014. I chose the hotel for it's proximity to Uvic. The room was larger than I expected with two queen beds, 3 large windows and nice hardwood flooring. It was bright, spotlessly clean and very new looking. Internet was free, fast and simple to use. The staff were friendly and efficient. The hotel has easy access to the hiway in either direction and to 10Km of forested hiking trails lake around Beaver Lake.

I'm definitely coming back next time I visit my daughter. No reason to go elsewhere. this is the best deal in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Cherry Tree Inn

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights and was really impressed with the place especially for the price. Clean, queen size beds, nice bathroom, and because of the great location I will definitely return the next time I miss the ferry.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Staffed with cheery, genuine people to greet you and see you off. Conveniently right off the highway and a comfortable relief after a 14 hour move. At such an excellent price we were expecting far less, however, our room was extremely clean, modern, and had a cozy, homey feel to it. The wifi internet was free and fast - I'm pretty sure each room has their own modem to connect to. Although my partner and I do not watch much TV, the wall-mounted flat-screen was a nice touch. After such a pleasant stay, I felt compelled to write a well deserved review for the lovely family who run this place. Since I have never bothered to write reviews or complete surveys before, it must say something special about them!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jen B
Reviewed November 13, 2013

My husband and I visit BC several times a year to see how fast our grandson is growing and have stayed at hotels and B&B's. All are expensive -- because it is in BC, and this was a very affordable option. The staff was very accommodating and my room was cleaned quickly and efficiently and stocked with fresh towels every day.

My room was small, clean, and very neat -- however, the bed was a double and not particularly comfortable. The bathroom is amazingly tiny. The shower, which did have a lovely multi-setting showerhead, was too small to shave my legs comfortably or wash my hair without removing the showerhead from the holder and directing it at my head.

The refrigerator was able to keep the food cold, but also produced an unpleasant, high-pitched noise at unpredictable intervals.

I'll probably stay here again, but will request a queen sized bed and avoid unit #4.

Room Tip: Request a queen sized bed and avoid unit #4 and it's "singing" refrigerator.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WendyNairobi
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

My wife says the she wishes she could live here. We stayed with friends and their children in the family suite. There were three bedrooms and four queen size beds - more than enough to accommodate everyone comfortably. There were hardwood floors throughout, and all of the rooms were beautifully furnished. Everything was very clean, and the staff were very friendly and helpful. This hotel deserves many more stars for the quality, value price - only $200 including tax for five adults and two children! I am going to stay here every time I come to Victoria!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Douglas J
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This place is awesome. The owner is Mr. Edward Park and his family is very good and helpful. The rooms are very spacious, clean, neat and well adjusted. The washrooms are excellent. I would be nice to leave some tea, coffee and sugar in the rooms along with a kettle. The area is on a hill and excellent for evening to sit out.

Room Tip: Select rooms with kitchen as they have a microwave, dinning table and crockery.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sacheen Srikant N
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are recently renovated, well stocked, clean and staff is extremely helpful. We were very pleased with our stay. Lovely outdoor seating area, had breakfast there every morning. Walking trails nearby filled with blackberries in late August.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank NatTheBratt
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saanich
Days Inn Victoria Uptown
#26 of 49 in Victoria
Quality Inn Waddling Dog
#2 of 4 in Central Saanich
Burnside
Ramada Victoria
Ramada Victoria
#45 of 49 in Victoria

Been to Cherry Tree Inn? Share your experiences!