“The Hojo Elk Lake is the best hotel. My family and I have...”

Howard Johnson Hotel and Suites Victoria Elk Lake
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Saanich
Reviewed September 18, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
JTrowbridgeManager, Front Office Manager at Howard Johnson Hotel and Suites Victoria Elk Lake, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Free wifi and water bottles which they replenished for our 2nd night there. Room and lobby was clean. Walls were thin - not as bad as some I've stayed in however. We were on the first floor by the front parking lot - so heard a lot of conversations going on just outside the window while trying to sleep. A travel companion was across the hall on the pool side and said there was noise from the pool. We had our own food for breakfast, but our travel companion had a long wait.

Room Tip: I don't know where the "good rooms" are, but I wouldn't recommend the first few ro...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
JTrowbridgeManager, Manager of Operations at Howard Johnson Hotel and Suites Victoria Elk Lake, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Good day Stefanie,
Thank you for taking the time to post on TripAdvisor with regards to your stay at the Howard Johnson Hotel and Suites. I am sorry that was noise from clients outside of your rooms later in the evening. The hotel takes pride in providing great rooms, great service and great location. I have forwarded the comments about the restaurant to the manager of the facility, and again I wish to apologize for the inconvenience experienced in the restaurant.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I think this is my third review of this HOJO. On this trip I should have stayed in town but chose this place and was happy for it. There is not much in the neighbourhood so I get a lot of work done ( it was a business trip). T.V.'s were upgraded to more channels, beds are still comfy, and though I got there too late to swim, I would have in the late summer heat if I planned it better. The food in the restaurant is still not very good but the bar is great. Lot's of people spending money on Keno and having fun with friends, neighbourhood types, it is a pleasure to be in a local bar. For business this is still a great cheap place to spend a night or two, the rooms are big and CLEAN, the wifi is decent. The only unclean part was a dried booger on the clock, yes honestly, for goodness sakes people there are two rolls of toilet paper and a box of tissues in the bathroom, I forgot to tell house cleaning but I am sure they would have dealt with it immediately.

Room Tip: Ask for a room looking out at the pool.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Happy to hear from you Pchips;
Thank you for taking the time to post on TripAdvisor. We are so glad that you select the hotel for the ability to get work done. The new TV's and better wifi do make the hotel an ideal spot to relax and get some work done. The outdoor pool is a great summer feature and next time you visit hopefully you can use the facility. I am so sorry the food was not satisfactory in the restaurant. I will pass on your comments the restaurant manager. The lounge is a nice hub of activity and everyone is always welcome. I have passed on your comments about the cleanliness of the room as well as the clock radio. I am so very sorry we should have caught that issue before you checked in. Thank you again for the review and we look forward seeing you again.

Regards,

Reviewed September 8, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Excellent accommodations and service. This hotel is about 15 min. away from proper Victoria, but closer to a lot of attractions like Butchart and Butterfly Gardens, and the Ocean Discovery Centre in Sidney, to name a few. It has a nice size outdoor swimming pool as well as an indoor hot tub...Great to relax at the end of your day. It's restaurant, The Lakes, offers affordable and generous meals in a bright atmosphere. Lots of free parking.

Room Tip: I had a room facing the parking lot and our friends on the opposite side (the swimming pool). Both...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Good Day Canada Vicky,
We truly appreciate your kind comments about the accommodations and services offered at the hotel. Our location is fantastic for the surrounding area, and our free parking makes it so easy. We are so happy that you enjoyed the Lakes Restaurant and I will pass on your comments to the staff and managers.
Thank you again for staying at the Howard Johnson Hotel and Suites Victoria
We hope to see you again!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The staff are always excellent .When I book a room they give me the room in the area that iII want.Check in is speedy.The location is good .If you got some better pillows better quality sheets and a new TV I wouldn't have one thing negative to say.The fact that the windows can be opened is a plus ahd the AC works very quickly

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Good Day Donna,
Thank you for posting your comments on TripAdvisor. We really appreciate customer feedback.
We are in the process of replacing the older TV's with new flat screen TV's. I have passed on your great comments about the staff the to the front desk.
We look forward to your return to Victoria

Reviewed August 23, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saanich
Comfort Inn & Suites
Hotel Grand Pacific
Hotel Grand Pacific
#13 of 46 in Victoria
Sidney Waterfront Inn & Suites

Been to Howard Johnson Hotel and Suites Victoria Elk Lake? Share your experiences!