“Great breakfast”

Cuisines: American
Traverse City, Michigan
“Great breakfast”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

My friend and I have eaten breakfast at Al's Restaurant several times in the past 7 years. The service has always been top notch. We are always greeted with a smile, a carafe of ice water, and asked what we would like to drink. The food is very good. I have had eggs, toast and bacon, as well as pancakes there. The food arrives quickly and is always hot and tasty. With a never-ending-cups of coffee, we have always walked away full and satisfied. For the price, breakfast is a very good value. I have never eaten there at any other time of day.

• Visited October 2013

Pinckney, Michigan
“Good breakfast”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

A good old fashioned breakfast. I especially enjoyed the biscuits and gravy; it reminded me of when I lived in the south.

Visited August 2013
Oxford, Michigan
“In a pinch”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I ate here on July 28, 2013 (Sunday) around 1pm. Figuring it was a "Mom 'n Pop" place, and considering there were supplying the local Catholic church with bbq pork and chicken that day, we decided to give it a try. We were supplied with a carafe of ice water, but never asked if we'd like a beverage, other than coffee near the end of our meal. Tables were real close together, so it was difficult to pull chairs in and out for seating without bumping the person behind you. Varied menu with salad/soup bar...extra $ if you wanted the hot foods section. Four of us got the salad bar; I ordered a hamburger deluxe but was told to help myself to the salad bar as well. It was satisfactory, but near the end of their day, I think, because most of the desserts were gone, or had that "been out too long" taste and texture. My hamburger was dull and tasteless. Fries were overdone. One soup choice: chicken noodle and we had to ask where it was because it was not on the salad bar line. I will not eat here again, even if its the only one open.

• Visited July 2013
Saint Clair, Michigan
“Gross, seriously.”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I can only comment on breakfast and the overall atmosphere. And seriously the only word that describes the whole experience is gross.
Maybe I am being a bit harsh, but I can just honestly say I will never go back. It felt like I was eating in a run down orphanage. Everything was all worn out and not in the way that gives it a charm.
The buffet was borderline offensive. I guess I was just hoping for something a little to unrealistic when going here.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank shine1se
Port Hope, Michigan
“Al's”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

The food is average, they have a buffet, the crab legs on friday night is good, but most items are typical buffet offerings. Nice place to go for a meal, but nothing outstanding.

Visited September 2012