“A "MUST VISIT"”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Michigan City, Indiana
“A "MUST VISIT"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

I hadn't been here in several years but I have noticed the increase of cars when I drive by on occasion. A unique little place in a very small beach town but definitely worth the trip if you're anywhere in the area. It was pretty busy so we took a table in the corner on the porch where we were comfortable but close enough to get to know the couple at the table next to us. The cafe is attached to a real bakery where the goods are made by hand daily. The bakery is closed in the winter months but the cafe is open almost all year round. We tried the dutch apple pancake which wasn't quite as good as last time but still very good. The carrot cake waffle was DELICIOUS!! Crispy on the outside, tender on the inside and hot enough to make the butter melt instantly. You could taste the carrot and the cinnamon. The coffee was excellent too. They were a little short staffed but still friendly and attentive. I'll be going back soon for a refill!

• Visited March 2014

Tucson, Arizona
“Busy and worth it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

We love the Swedish Pancakes. And, try the crab cakes. So good.
Pies and pastries in the bakery, but our favorite is the Limpa Bread.

• Visited July 2013
Washington DC
“Don't miss it if you're in the area!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is a fantastic place for breakfast or to pick up some treats to go. The Swedish pancakes with lingonberries are to die for, and I liked the carrot cake waffles as well. Excellent coffee is served. The variety of fresh pastries in the display case was astounding. Come hungry!

Visited September 2013
Palatine, Illinois
“Great place in the area! A must try!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is a cute little restaurant with a great bakery! The restaurant is small so it can get crowded quickly!.

I had the apple pancake so this took longer but it was worth it! This was not overly covered in glaze and it had just enough sweetness. The pancake was more cakey and I love that. I have had this type of pancake before and it is usually too sweet and sticky. This is not the case here. This was my favorite breakfast spot near Union Pier. The price was also good for a breakfast place

• Visited August 2013
Libertyville, Illinois
“Great breakfast place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

I knew this place was going to be great when the waitstaff brought my 2 yr old daughter a set of kid sized silverware wrapped in a handmade pink napkin. The Swedish pancakes were fabulous and the potatoes were nothing less than YUM. It was so good we went back the next morning and stopped again at the bakery on our way out of town. Loved the homey atmosphere and the attentive service.

• Visited August 2013