“Fantastic and authentic Middle eastern food!”
Review of Cafe Gulistan

Cafe Gulistan
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Harbert
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Bridgman, Michigan
“Fantastic and authentic Middle eastern food!”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Some of the tastiest food in this area- they use fresh ingriediants- much of it grown in the gardens which surround the rest. It's reasonably priced (there is a $10.00 section of the menu). We've loved everything that we've tried there (we are frequent flyers so we've tried a lot!)

Visited March 2013

USA
“Always good”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Cafe' Gulistan is always good. Prices have gone up a lot over the years. There are very few options for Middle Eastern food in this part of the world. Baba ghanoush, hummus, falafel, and so much more.

Visited September 2012
Union Pier, MI
“I lie in bed dreaming of Ispanak!”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My husband and I LOVE this place!

I ordered the Ispanak. I've never heard of the dish before, but I figured I couldn't go wrong with the words "falafel" and "mango-walnut-cream sauce" in the description! This dish was extraordinary! The falafel was the yummiest I've ever tasted: crispy and yummy outside, creamy inside! They cover it with fresh veggies: red pepper strips, spinach and mushrooms. The sauce was LIGHT and sweet and so yummy that I couldn't speak.

My husband ordered the wedding lamb. It was everything that I expected from a Middle Eastern restaurant. Exotically spiced and tasty.

They have $10 dinner entrees, and they are just as tasty as the other dinner entrees!

I love the atmosphere in this place: dark and cozy!

• Visited December 2012
Lakeside, Michigan, United States
“Great Middle Eastern Restaurant”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

What is "Gulistan"? Turns out there are several of them, but the common one spans the modern Turkish and Syrian border. The food served at this fine restaurant offers the standard Middle Eastern fare like felafel, hummus, baba ganoush, kebabs, etc., but don't overlook their specialties that include lamb, chicken, and fish, served up on their own or in hearty stews. The food is consistently outstanding. We usually come here about every 6-weeks and sit at the bar, order food to take out, and have a drink while we wait. That way, we stay out of the way of the usual crowds - especially in the Summer. The wait staff and host are friendly and knowledgeable. They have some good vegetarian dishes, too.

• Visited January 2013
EJ22988
“Wonderful Road Trip find”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

After a 7 hour drive, fraught with fast-food we were desperate for something healthier! We found this place a mile or so off exit 12 from I-94. The GPS did not give us perfect directions, but we found it fairly easily anyways. At 8pm it was pretty busy, with both Michigan and out-of-state licensed cars. We were seated right away, and the atmosphere was welcoming and cozy. They did a booming take away business, and the owner made rounds often. The daily specials and food menu was well explained. The portions were generous, and the pita bread warm. The falafel appetizer was crunchy and the sauce served with it was delicious. I had a chicken dinner with a nutty sauce served with rice. It was exactly what I'd hoped for.

I would recommend Cafe Gulistan to everyone!

• Visited January 2013