Magnuson Hotel Copper Crown
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
LeBlanc Motel(Lake Linden)
View Hotel
All reviewscovered parkingcontinental breakfastroom was cleanpool and hot tubwaffleswifi worked greatan older hotelcomfortable placecheck in was quickthe wi fiwill stay there againstayed nightsstaff was friendlypleasant stayisle royalesnowmobile tripa great place to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I have stayed at the Copper Crown several times and have been pleased on all occasions. I must say that this hotel is quite dated in its furnishings, but there is a certain Spartan-ness that's charming in its own way. You have everything you might need. Nothing more. There is an indoor pool that was small but adequate for this primarily cold climate. If you are into Sauna's then they have that covered as well.
The continental breakfast is pretty much toast, juice, and coffee. They did have some store bought muffins, but could have used some yogurt. Just the basics here, but if you want a real breakfast check out the Kaleva Cafe through the passage from the hotel. (Its the bomb!) and right next door.

Rooms and sheets were clean. Mattress was fairly comfortable, Staff is very friendly and helpful!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2014

I stayed 2 nights. The room was clean and comfortable and the staff friendly and helpful. I used the swimming pool and hot tub and also took advantage of the continental breakfast. The only negative experience I had was the 4 am wake-up call (that I did not order) on my first morning. Unfortunately the phone is not next to the bed so I had to get out of bed to make it stop! That is great if you need to be up - not so great if you want to sleep past 4 am.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I've stayed here twice when in town. Not sure if I left a review before. This place is one of the only animal friendly places around so we stay here with out two dogs.

The hotel itself is clearly out of date however, everything you need is there. The rooms were cleaned nicely and everything was maintained as best it could be. Small cold breakfast in the morning is always a bonus so I dont have to donate more money from the golden arches. The staff is always friendly and they love pets. We did not have any issues with other peoples animals while here. The only downfall is the dog walk area is a little ways down the street. The dogs don't mind it though of course.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor which seemed to be quieter and away from the open and closing door traffic which could antagonize some peoples dogs.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We stayed there for 5 nights to relax and watch the World Cup. The swimming pool and the sauna provided a welcome variety. We did not take advantage of the breakfast as it did not offer any vegan options (typical case). The room was clean, very spacious, had cable TV and internet worked well. The only negative items were that the air in the room was a bit sticky as we could not open a window and the dogs costed 10USD/night. Plenty of parking and all-the-time fresh coffee at the reception.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Room was clean, comfortable, and right downtown close to several good restaurants. I need non-smoking rooms, and the room we had smelled fine. They have a nice pool and hot tub. Continental breakfast was good, and Kaleva Cafe is next door.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple