“a little scary, but interesting”
Review of Quincy Mine

Quincy Mine
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Hancock
Reviewed September 18, 2012

the elevator down into the mine is very small and dark, but that's the point--you're reliving what it was like for miners 100 years ago

Reviewed September 16, 2012

The complete tour down into the mine and into buildings on top were great. The guides both were interesting and well-spoken. I 'd say this tour is a "must-see" if you are in the area and really want to learn about mining and or what life was like for the early miners.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

I thought the tour was kind of pricey, but it was worth it. Entering the mine was a one-of-a-kind experience. Our guides were very informative, yet casual. Great experience overall.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

If you are in the area, you should take the mine tour for the complete experience. You really do go down into a mine, complete with hard hats and miners' jackets. It is cold inside the mine so wear something warm. Don't forget to also explore the surrounding grounds too. My 8 year old enjoyed the mine experience - - but I think he even more enjoyed exploring the old train that was on the property as well as the old family home that is being restored.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

We were in Copper Country last year and missed this tour so was on the agenda this year when we came back. It's huge and so interesting. You go into the gift shop to purchase your tickets and they have a well of gifts there and it's very nice. You walk out and go to the TALL building straight in front of you. Very interesting and shows how it was done in the beginning with the seats that took the miners down. Old equipment. This is totally a self tour so don't miss it.
Then we drove to the back where the tour began and didn't hike back there. If you have kids you may want to get rid of some of the energy with the walk but for the elderly, drive.

We went in and began taking a tour of the steam engine cable lift for the men and ore, 9000 ft out of the earth. It was beyond fascinating!!! They know their script. Next you were required to get a hard hat. DO get a jacket and if you have on shorts and flip flops you may want to make a change in the car if you have them with you. It's 42 degrees and you are down there at least 30 minutes in the cold and very damp atmosphere. You do not have to do this but It was great! Much of the rest in the building is self tour also.

I feel this was a 5 star however the girl showing us the steam room asked if any one had any questions. Someone asked about the reinforcements on the ceiling and her response was "I don't know I wasn't born then!" My mouth dropped open....she was expaining everything to us and instead of saying "Im not sure." her response was totally rude!" Also although they know the history they seemed to be a little unorganized. It was $17.00 each for Sr. and I would highly recommend this adventure? My husband and I bith came away saying Wow!