“Come for drinks and apps”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Habaneros Fresh Mexican Kitchen - CLOSED

Habaneros Fresh Mexican Kitchen
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Marquette, Michigan
“Come for drinks and apps”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We came for dinner. Had a great drink (giant 64 oz margarita with 2 coronas for $19) that I split with a friend. The meal was not anything to brag about. I would come back for drinks and apps only. I thought the meal was overpriced and bland. The atmosphere was nice.

• Visited October 2013

Gladstone, Michigan
“HOME MADE MEXICAN FOOD”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

This Mexican Restaurant is fairly new since we have been going north. The restaurant serves incredible food but the service is slow. I don't know if it is because the food is made friesh, the staff is new or maybe they need more helpers in the kitchen but they have to get faster, especially during the lunch hours when all the business people want to come in and get out in their lunch time alloted. Hopefully they will work it out because the FOOD IS AMAZING.

Visited September 2013
Ames, Iowa
“Good Mexican cuisine on the Keweenaw”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Very good food and atmosphere with polite service and fresh ingredients. We had a very good lunch at Habaneros. We started with their complimentary chips and salsa and I am hard pressed to find a more fresh salsa anywhere. I had the carnitas enchiladas with the dark mole sauce. The mole was a very good and surprisingly authentic. The pork was done very well and even had a hint of smokey flavor. My wife had the polla asado tacos and they were awesome. All the sides we had were very good as well. I don't find too many authentic Mexican restaurants in the upper Midwest outside of the large cities, but this was one of those places. All the food used fresh ingredients and tasted exactly the way I expect Mexican food to taste. The sides of guacamole and roasted pepper sauce were very good as well. Price wise it is comparable to other lunch menus in Houghton and Hancock, about $ 20 for two people. We will definitely go back whenever we make our annual pilgrimage to the U.P.

• Visited September 2013
Dollar Bay, Michigan, USA
“Don't waste your money!”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

The worst Mexican restaurant that I have ever been to. They cannot make a burrito right. The burrito look like a desert. No salt or knifes were on the table. No hot sauce on the table. I could not cut the burrito with a fork. Tasted like in had maple syrup in the sauce. Real Mexicans are rolling over in there graves.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank DMAC2893
“Unique Mexican menue”
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Passing through Hancock for the first time, stumbled upon this restaurant. My friend and I had a wonderful time. We were here for a late lunch. The staff were really friendly. The guacamole was great! The server made it in front of us. You have the option of one or two avocados, we choose two and we couldn't finish it. The menue had some unique Mexican options. We both loved what we had and wish this restaurant was in my home town.

Visited August 2013