“good”

Mainestreet Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 61 Restaurants in Hamtramck
Reviewed September 1, 2015

excellent food wonderful service i love the taste and how quick you get your food wonderful tasting.

Reviewed May 19, 2015

Mainestreet is a family owned/operated business that has become a Hamtramck favorite. From the time it has opened, I have never had a bad experience. The chicken lemon rice soup is my favorite, and I always have great service. This is one thing I miss about MI!!!

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Nice restaurant In Hamtramck, better than an a Coney island. All of the staff is courteous and very accommodating. Some things on the menu are better than others. Breakfast is great no matter if your carry out or dining in. Daily specials and the chicken gumbo is the best. They're also have a full bar, which is a nice touch.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Love Maine Street. Great chicken, chicken kbobs, breakfasts, sandwiches. Staff has always been effecient and polite!
Give it a try

Reviewed May 30, 2013

We traveled into the Hamtramck neighborhood on a Saturday afternoon to visit the Polish Arts Center and were thoroughly underwhelmed by what we found. Instead of wasting any more time, we headed off in search of a nearby, neighborhood restaurant for lunch and found Maine Street. What an unexpectedly delicious gem!

We arrived at 1:51pm and parking was plentiful. We were prompted greeted, seated and given menus. Immediately upon entering the restaurant, delicious smells were wafting through the air and I said, "this is the real deal!" Servers were bustling about and chatting with customers (obviously regulars) and we were made to feel very welcome. Our server, Moe M, was friendly and very helpful in suggesting his favorites on the menu.

We both had drinks (iced tea and soda), which were $1.95 each with unlimited refills. Moe M. was attentive to our table, quickly refilling drinks and checking on us overall. We ordered the Chicken Kabob with a side of French Fries and the special, a Gyro with French Fries. Where do I start? Everything was delicious.

The Tzatziki Sauce was fresh, creamy and offered just the right amount of tang...brilliant! The fries were generous in serving, fresh, piping hot and looked/tasted to be double-battered...just delicious! The Chicken Kabob was made fresh to order (what a refreshing change) and was a long kabob having at least five thick chunks of chicken on the skewer. So, it was worth the wait. The pita was soft, warm and easily stood up to the sauce and repeated grabs. The Gyro was equally delicious, but I was partial to my Chicken Kabob. The Gyro meat wasn't greasy at all, but plump and flavorful. The amount of meat in the Gyro was generous, as well.

My date and I are big fans of supporting small, local, independently owned businesses. I'm so glad we stumbled upon Maine Street Restaurant. They are definitely family-owned and operated. The number of regulars in the restaurant speak to the quality, consistency and value - as does my review!

If you get the opportunity, don't keep driving. Pull in, get a both and settle in for great home-cooking. Whether you are Greek, Polish and other heritage - you'll love this home-cooking!

cieszyć się